project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > K4on
02 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)

Rate this Entry
Project Reality v1.0 Beta - COOP Gameplay
Posted in: Features
Posted 2013-06-11 at 21:12 by K4on

Hey guys,

I'm glad to announce another small update including some actual 1.0 video footage.

As we already mentioned in the forums PR 1.0 includes a massive updated for singleplayer fans. [URL="https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/59707.html"][B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][R-DEV]melonmuncher[/COLOR][/B][/URL] has done a great job on updating a lot of vehicles and maps, being featured in the COOP mode now.

Our testing team is incredibly busy to make sure the release will be as bug free as possible.
In the following video you see a couple of testers fighting against some bots playing the refined PR 1.0 COOP mode:

[YOUTUBEHD]3TUJfFB_bEc[/YOUTUBEHD]
Views: 65386 | Comments: 73

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 73
  1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by saamohod View Comment
    Weapon sounds are kind of quiet.
    K4on may have set the mumble volume pretty high compared to the game. I realized the other players' voice are less "there" in my game.

I personally give a priority on the game's sound because I wanna be able to hear footstep, which is imo pretty vital.
  2. Old Comment
    Typical, no one notices the new PR Mumble "Who's Talking" text on the HUD, it's all effects this, sounds that, no one loves the code

haha
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Comment
    Typical, no one notices the new PR Mumble "Who's Talking" text on the HUD, it's all effects this, sounds that, no one loves the code

haha
    I did, but I expected a list with all the squad members, and a speaker appearing everytime they speak. Btw during the video, sometimes I hear people talking and no name on the list, what is it ?
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Comment

haha
    I think this is (one of) the most awesome features in the upcoming PR release.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaB View Comment
    I did, but I expected a list with all the squad members, and a speaker appearing everytime they speak. Btw during the video, sometimes I hear people talking and no name on the list, what is it ?
    Teamspeak :P
  6. Old Comment
    the mortars look more like 81mm or 61mm... are they?
    Posted 2013-06-12 at 13:12 by Blackburn92xBHD Blackburn92xBHD is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AfterDune View Comment
    It's not like we haven't shown anything else .

The devcast was supposed to be done quite soon, but there were some things that prevented us from making it. And so we put out more screenshots and highlights, so there's no reason to "complain".
    I'm not complaining at all - only stating the obvious and telling you that I need more previews to quench my thirst.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KaB View Comment
    Why would you prefer that? A list with all players in your squad constantly showing up in your HUD, and then they would even need to add more different colors, not just to separate the different player types (SM, SL, Pub, Local) but also to highlight them when they say something. That pretty much makes no sense^^. Especially if you consider the fact that local non-squad members need to be highlighted aswell. If you want a list with all the players in your team on your screen, just use the Mum overlay. What AncientMan did is something completely different and much more effective....btw yes I noticed it, but you should understand that as a man. As soon as we see fancy explosions and earpiercing blasts our brain shuts down everything except the life-sustaining functions and activates our salivary glands.
  9. Old Comment
    I noticed (again) that in PR 1.0 suppression effect is less effective and lasts less than in 0.98...Not sure if it's good or bad though...

Great video!
  10. Old Comment
    Did anyone notice at 4:43 through 4:46 there was an enemy guy walking right in front of him with an RPG and didn't even kill him? lol! Oh, also what happened to all the new voices that were used in the atmosphere highlight? I didn't hear them being used in this video.
    Updated 2013-06-12 at 18:17 by WarEagle751