project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > AncientMan
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
PR:BF2 v1.0 Beta - Some More Gameplay
Posted in: Other
Posted 2013-06-25 at 04:33 by [R-DEV]AncientMan

The other night, a few of the testers and developers got together for a bit of skirmish on a couple of the maps. Even better, some of them recorded it . So here are some videos that should help the wait. Don't worry guys, there's some awesome stuff coming real, REAL soon

Be warned that there's some language and stuff, so might be considered NSFW.

Also take note that stuff in these videos are still WIP. For example, the medic healing time that is constantly being complained about has already been lowered

Updated 2013-06-25 at 05:15 by [R-DEV]AncientMan
Views: 44835 | Comments: 54

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 54
  1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Comment
    The hit register is even worse than it is now judging by the videos.
    There is absolutely nothing we can and we have done in terms of "hit register".
    That's your imagination.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stealthgato View Comment
    The hit register is even worse than it is now judging by the videos.
    why the super negativity?
  3. Old Comment
    F*k me in the archway!
  4. Old Comment
    Love the new African faction model guys well done!

Thanks for keeping us updated too
  5. Old Comment
    Just some thoughts on the WIP videos...

1. Sound - Only so much I can hear and interpret on beta footage, but so far sounds awesome. I've shot a lot of AR15 variants among others and am always impressed with PR's sound. Only gets better. One thing I occasionally worry about are how different sounds change as they become more and less distant. But I won't truly know until I play it myself.

2. Effects - I feel like I've been waiting for these effects forever. And yes, the flashier effects seem fancied and maybe awkward in PR, but if it means more player population and fantastic gameplay, bring on the explosions! Just an observation, but it seems to me that some explosions and more particularly the dust particles dissipate too fast. That can occasionally look arcade, but I understand this could be due to engine limitations. Other than that, all effects are definitely way better.

3. Recoil - Looks incredible and realistic, and I'm sure feels the same way. Weapons don't seem to just 'bounce' on discharge, but now seem to 'jerk' in a physical way. Looking forward to laying down that less-than-necessary cover fire.

4. Deviation - No sway effect in BF2 engine. Deviation compensates for an 'aim time'. Arguably realistic, given the engine limitations. .98 PR deviation still annoys the heck out of me, and I very much think the more lenient deviation factors accompanied with the harsher recoil is the best choice. Great work.

5. Animation - All the animations, in my opinion, are the best in PR. Simple PR reloads to deploying a mine always trumps the lame and unrealistic deft movements you would see
    in other games like BF3 and cod. I always love seeing new, believable animations. Good job.

6. Medic - Healing time has been shortened since the videos; copy, roger, 10-4. The medic in .98, I think, is op. I say this because, as a medic, you can potentially heal yourself with patches from any non-lethal encounter in less than 10 seconds, and then immediately rejoin the fight, any bullets that hit you 20 seconds ago lose their effect. Smell a superhuman? Then why is 15 feet a death fall? All I'm saying is it could use a little balance since .98, and I appreciate the effort. Perhaps room for thought would be making the healing time it takes to revive someone with the "medical supplies" equal to what it takes to heal someone with patches. Or vice-verse.

I would love to address and commend you guys on other points, but my cracked Iphone screen is a pain enough to work with. Overall, great and shiny work! The only thing next to World Hunger I've considered donating to. Looking forward to the next devcast.
  6. Old Comment
    I like the comms/mumble overlay. Can't wait to see how it was implemented!
  7. Old Comment
    African forces look really cool. Saarema looks like Everon from OFP. Sounds are good except for the lulzy explosions. Can't wait for more
  8. Old Comment
    Comms so loud, game sound so low

I loved the part where Airsoft blew away the MG guy hiding by the tree with his AK. The new effects just add a whole new amount of gruesome.
    Posted 2013-06-26 at 05:13 by Stealth Clobber Stealth Clobber is offline
  9. Old Comment
    Yes I should have done that

Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]BloodyDeed View Comment
    You should read the description
  10. Old Comment
    So... when is 1.1 coming out?