project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rhino
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Guess the RPG-7 Warheads!
Posted in: Modeling
Posted 2015-08-05 at 14:25 by [R-DEV]Rhino

Hey all! Over the past month and a bit I've been working on updating and optimizing the RPG-7 Series since our old RPG-7 warhead setup wasn't at all optimized and there was also vast room for improvement in both quality and optimization, as well as adding far more verity of RPG-7 Warheads, including different types of round that will require different tactics.

I'm not going to go into too many details about them all right now as much of it is still WIP and this blog is more a fun little game for you all to try and work out what all these rounds are and what they might do so have fun guys!

[CENTER][URL="http://i.imgur.com/XcH0vPT.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YejnZGt.jpg[/IMG]
[I](Click To Enlarge)[/I][/URL][/CENTER]

I'm looking for both the correct name and type of warhead and once someone has guesses the correct name and warhead type for a particular one I'll update this list in the OP with the correct name of the correct guessed warhead :D

[B]Note 1:[/B] I have blurred out some of the text names on the warheads you could see but ingame you will be able to read the names of the warheads with them printed on the side :)
[B]Note 2:[/B] Some of these rounds you may not see straight away in the next release as they will be integrated in over time with other changes to the core gameplay, however most of them will be seen in the next PR release.
[B]Note 3:[/B] PR Team members are not allowed to participate or help the community out since they all pretty much know what each one is :p

[SIZE="4"][B][U]Correct Guesses so far[/U]:[/B][/SIZE][LIST=1][*][B]PG-7V[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VM[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7M[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VS[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VL[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]Cobrra[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]Iranian Tandem HEAT[/B] Round[*][B]PG-7MT[/B] - Tandem HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VR[/B] - Tandem HEAT Round[*][B]KO-7M[/B] - HEDP Round[*][B]OG-7VM[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]OG-7V[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]F-7[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]DZGI-40[/B] - Airburst Fragmentation Round[*][B]TBG-7V[/B] - Thermobaric Round[/LIST]

Cheers guys and have fun, + as always who ever guesses the most gets a special e-cookie! :D
Updated 2017-03-20 at 15:57 by [R-DEV]Rhino
Views: 64932 | Comments: 68

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 68
  1. Old Comment
    Just how obscure is #10? I've been looking at various warheads for about an hour now and I didn't find shit.
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jenson View Comment
    10- Slovakian PG-7M 110 HEAT (110mm. 3,15 kg)
    Nope sorry.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hurricane View Comment
    Just how obscure is #10? I've been looking at various warheads for about an hour now and I didn't find shit.
    Pretty, I only had a few refs to work with and sometimes it has a different nose-cone than the one I've modelled.

I'll give you another clue thou, it is not a HEAT, Tandem HEAT, Fragmentation, Airburst or Thermobaric round, it is something else
  3. Old Comment
    Number 10 is a meme warhead.
    Specially designed for melting steel beams.
  4. Old Comment
    my guess is a HEDP round of somekind, it looks similar to bigger caliber HEDP rounds for tanks and other AT weapons.
    Updated 2015-08-06 at 12:48 by ExeTick
  5. Old Comment
    10- OG-7VE High explosive fragmentation round?
  6. Old Comment
    Is the 10 a Kinetic energy penetrator?
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ExeTick View Comment
    my guess is a HEDP round of somekind, it looks similar to bigger caliber HEDP rounds for tanks and other AT weapons.
    Your on the right lines it is a HEDP round, very observant
  8. Old Comment
    KO-7(v)???

Looks different on pictures (so probably not) but its closest to HEDP as it is described as HEAT FRAG.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hurricane View Comment
    KO-7(v)???

Looks different on pictures (so probably not) but its closest to HEDP as it is described as HEAT FRAG.
    Close enough, its the KO-7M HEDP Polish RPG-7 Warhead, and ye, it sometimes has a pointy nose but had better refs of the "cola can" setup and thought it looked more unique

Now to work out who got the most guesses and to award them that special e-cookie

EDIT: looks like KSVM_UA_ and domah2 are the joint winners, with also ExeTick coming runner up and are all going to have to share this plate of e-cookies:

Well done to the rest of you too!
    Updated 2015-08-06 at 13:44 by [R-DEV]Rhino
  10. Old Comment
    Damn, now I want some Rhino cookies! These look delicious.