project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rhino
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Guess the RPG-7 Warheads!
Posted in: Modeling
Posted 2015-08-05 at 14:25 by [R-DEV]Rhino

Hey all! Over the past month and a bit I've been working on updating and optimizing the RPG-7 Series since our old RPG-7 warhead setup wasn't at all optimized and there was also vast room for improvement in both quality and optimization, as well as adding far more verity of RPG-7 Warheads, including different types of round that will require different tactics.

I'm not going to go into too many details about them all right now as much of it is still WIP and this blog is more a fun little game for you all to try and work out what all these rounds are and what they might do so have fun guys!

[CENTER][URL="http://i.imgur.com/XcH0vPT.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YejnZGt.jpg[/IMG]
[I](Click To Enlarge)[/I][/URL][/CENTER]

I'm looking for both the correct name and type of warhead and once someone has guesses the correct name and warhead type for a particular one I'll update this list in the OP with the correct name of the correct guessed warhead :D

[B]Note 1:[/B] I have blurred out some of the text names on the warheads you could see but ingame you will be able to read the names of the warheads with them printed on the side :)
[B]Note 2:[/B] Some of these rounds you may not see straight away in the next release as they will be integrated in over time with other changes to the core gameplay, however most of them will be seen in the next PR release.
[B]Note 3:[/B] PR Team members are not allowed to participate or help the community out since they all pretty much know what each one is :p

[SIZE="4"][B][U]Correct Guesses so far[/U]:[/B][/SIZE][LIST=1][*][B]PG-7V[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VM[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7M[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VS[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VL[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]Cobrra[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]Iranian Tandem HEAT[/B] Round[*][B]PG-7MT[/B] - Tandem HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VR[/B] - Tandem HEAT Round[*][B]KO-7M[/B] - HEDP Round[*][B]OG-7VM[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]OG-7V[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]F-7[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]DZGI-40[/B] - Airburst Fragmentation Round[*][B]TBG-7V[/B] - Thermobaric Round[/LIST]

Cheers guys and have fun, + as always who ever guesses the most gets a special e-cookie! :D
Updated 2017-03-20 at 15:57 by [R-DEV]Rhino
Views: 64932 | Comments: 68

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 68
  1. Old Comment
    Yayy I get e-cookies!!
  2. Old Comment
    1-6 and 8-15 From Russia with love

7 From Iran with love (I guess?)
  3. Old Comment
    I'm go get that Major_Cookie ЖВ
    Anyway 'twas fun to remember those.
    Updated 2015-08-06 at 16:11 by [R-COM]KSVM_UA_
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raphavenger
    1-6 and 8-15 From Russia with love

7 From Iran with love (I guess?)
    hehe not quite. 1, 2, 4, 5, 9, 11, 12 and 15 are from the USSR/Russia where as 3, 8 and 10 are from Poland, 6 is from Egypt, 7 is from Iran, 13 is from North Korea and 14 is from Chinaaa!
  5. Old Comment
    Can you give the difference of power , especially for the Heat warhead ?

Thanks
  6. Old Comment
    How will we even implement all these? @>@ there are so many types
    Posted 2015-08-06 at 19:23 by NoahLatexGryphon NoahLatexGryphon is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by qs-racer
    Can you give the difference of power , especially for the Heat warhead ?
    Indeed that is the plan
  8. Old Comment
    How is the airburst warhead going to work? Really looking forward to it.
  9. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Comment
    How is the airburst warhead going to work? Really looking forward to it.
    In r/l "when the warhead strikes the ground, it is propelled upwards by a jump mechanism, and detonates at a height of approximately 2 metres. Somewhere in the region of 800 steel balls and fragments of the case are propelled outwards, giving the warhead a lethal radius of 15m."
    You can see it in action in this video here and if you look closely you will see it hits the ground first, kicking up loads of dust then explodes in the air:

How it works ingame however is anouther matter and something we are still working on, as our intial theroy of how we planned to get this to work with a similar effect of how it works in r/l, didn't work and instead we are exploring other options but hopefully we will get it to explode in the air above where it hits the ground in a similar way to how it works in r/l, otherwise there are a couple of fall-back options but these are if everything else fails
  10. Old Comment
    11 and 12 for me,looks like a giant explosive pencils