project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rhino
11 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Guess the RPG-7 Warheads!
Posted in: Modeling
Posted 2015-08-05 at 14:25 by [R-DEV]Rhino

Hey all! Over the past month and a bit I've been working on updating and optimizing the RPG-7 Series since our old RPG-7 warhead setup wasn't at all optimized and there was also vast room for improvement in both quality and optimization, as well as adding far more verity of RPG-7 Warheads, including different types of round that will require different tactics.

I'm not going to go into too many details about them all right now as much of it is still WIP and this blog is more a fun little game for you all to try and work out what all these rounds are and what they might do so have fun guys!

[CENTER][URL="http://i.imgur.com/XcH0vPT.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/YejnZGt.jpg[/IMG]
[I](Click To Enlarge)[/I][/URL][/CENTER]

I'm looking for both the correct name and type of warhead and once someone has guesses the correct name and warhead type for a particular one I'll update this list in the OP with the correct name of the correct guessed warhead :D

[B]Note 1:[/B] I have blurred out some of the text names on the warheads you could see but ingame you will be able to read the names of the warheads with them printed on the side :)
[B]Note 2:[/B] Some of these rounds you may not see straight away in the next release as they will be integrated in over time with other changes to the core gameplay, however most of them will be seen in the next PR release.
[B]Note 3:[/B] PR Team members are not allowed to participate or help the community out since they all pretty much know what each one is :p

[SIZE="4"][B][U]Correct Guesses so far[/U]:[/B][/SIZE][LIST=1][*][B]PG-7V[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VM[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7M[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VS[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VL[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]Cobrra[/B] - HEAT Round[*][B]Iranian Tandem HEAT[/B] Round[*][B]PG-7MT[/B] - Tandem HEAT Round[*][B]PG-7VR[/B] - Tandem HEAT Round[*][B]KO-7M[/B] - HEDP Round[*][B]OG-7VM[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]OG-7V[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]F-7[/B] - Fragmentation Round[*][B]DZGI-40[/B] - Airburst Fragmentation Round[*][B]TBG-7V[/B] - Thermobaric Round[/LIST]

Cheers guys and have fun, + as always who ever guesses the most gets a special e-cookie! :D
Updated 2017-03-20 at 15:57 by [R-DEV]Rhino
Views: 64556 | Comments: 68

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 68
  1. Old Comment
    Two questions:

1. With so many warheads, how will players be able to choose which ones to use?

2. Did you bake those cookies?
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Comment
    Two questions:

1. With so many warheads, how will players be able to choose which ones to use?

2. Did you bake those cookies?
    1. The rounds are going to be divided up between factions since naturally, no faction uses all of these rounds, three are unique to the Polish Forces for example. On top of that even the same type of round will have difference in textures between some factions on top of that too with ME Insurgents using the yellow OG-7VM (11) and green PG-7VR (9) and Militia using the green OG-7VM (11) and the black PG-7VR (9), with Russia etc using the yellow PG-7VR (9) etc. Then they will also be divided up between different kit types and the Alternative kits of Rifleman AT will far more commonly have a different RPG-7 warhead setup than just a different primary weapon, as it mostly is currently with for example the Primary ME Insurgent RPG-7 kit (in our current plans anyways, subject to change) having two PG-7VM (2) rounds, where the alternative will have three of the less powerful PG-7V rounds (1), so players can pick between having less warheads that have more impact per hit, or more warheads that do less damage per hit, but allow it to engage more targets and do slightly more overall damage if it scores hits with all its three rounds, which will be hard to do, at least against a single individual target, with not getting gunned down during reloading each round

2. Nope, but I did bake the Normals for these RPGs off of high poly models which give them a lot of their added detail, More to come on this later
  3. Old Comment
    Sounds awesome. Looking forward to seeing how you simulate the thermobaric and airburst warheads.
  4. Old Comment
    So will factions like MEC and China be given RPG-7s now, or is this mainly an update for unconventional forces?
  5. Old Comment
    MEC, yes since it is still the main backbone AT weapon of many of the ME countries the MEC represents. PLA, not really no since they don't use it so much these days and more modern AT weapons in China have replaced it and we would ideally need to make more custom warheads for them as well as ideally the Type 69 RPG, all of which isn't really worth it for just an alternative kit at the most.
  6. Old Comment
    i would love to see mec using RPG-7s
    Posted 2015-08-24 at 13:18 by Roque_THE_GAMER Roque_THE_GAMER is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Will be OG-7V explode after flies by 500 meters? OG-7V use same detonator GO-2 like an SPG-9 rounds, 2a28 73 mm cannon on BMP/BMD-1 also use OG-15V rounds with same detonator. But have different distance for self destruct.
    Updated 2015-08-28 at 14:53 by Dread_UA
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Comment
    hehe, this is partly down to the way I've set the RPG-7 rounds up with them all using a common rocket motor and expelling charge textures, with a few colour variations (but all using the same normal and spec maps) to save on memory etc and in r/l you often see soviet rocket motors and expelling charges being attached to other types of round too.
    "Для анального использования"? For anal use? Are you serious, Носорог?

BTW, do you use "Д" instead of "А", "Б" instead of "Ь" on purpose?
    Posted 2015-10-21 at 15:33 by MrPresident_rus MrPresident_rus is offline