project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Rhino
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Guess the Object (Sea Skua Anti-Ship Missile)
Posted in: Modeling
Posted 2016-02-06 at 07:34 by [R-DEV]Rhino

First of all, sorry we haven't delivered on the Sea Cat update we said we would but due to the issues with the Master Server being down over the past week [I](should be sorted really soon btw, keep your eyes open for an official update on the situation!)[/I] and also a few gremlins still lurking about in the code, it just hasn't been possible to get all the material together to do that update.

So instead, here is a little something I've been working on for you guys to try and work out what it is, with a special e-cookie for who ever does first! :D

[CENTER][URL="http://i.imgur.com/LpQxWqv.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/JY9pGqO.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/8oIYd93.jpg"][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ar8iYNv.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

[I][B]NOTE:[/B] PR Team Members are not allowed to help or take part :p[/I]

Cheers! :D
Updated 2021-04-27 at 07:46 by Rhino
Views: 53042 | Comments: 24

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 24
  1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DzCrow View Comment
    for real i guess it a Tv missle . like in bf3 choper gunner .
    Ahh almost forgot about the TV-missile used in BF2 attack choppers. I don't think there's anything in PR where the player camera follows a moving "entity".
    I'm not saying that it is 'PR material', but it IS a developed mechanic, that hasn't been used yet, ready for the taking.
    Does the gunner in any military used weapon system, manually guide a missile via a video feed from it, or was it just made-up in BF2?
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CG-Delta View Comment
    Ahh almost forgot about the TV-missile used in BF2 attack choppers. I don't think there's anything in PR where the player camera follows a moving "entity".
    I'm not saying that it is 'PR material', but it IS a developed mechanic, that hasn't been used yet, ready for the taking.
    Does the gunner in any military used weapon system, manually guide a missile via a video feed from it, or was it just made-up in BF2?
    Some missiles do use a TV camera on the missile itself that the launching platform can see a feed from during launch, like some versions of the Maverick Missiles:
  3. Old Comment
    Is that a JDAM with shark fins?
  4. Old Comment
    Is it a smell-seeking bomb?
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by piratepengu View Comment
    Is it a smell-seeking bomb?
    Na, its Pigeon Guided

6. Old Comment
    Rhino, I think I love you.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CG-Delta View Comment
    Nothing like BF2's missiles, but there are some plane-launched bombs/cruise missiles that have TV feedback and allow mid-course updates. For example, SPICE:
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by richyrich55 View Comment
    Rhino, I think I love you.
  9. Old Comment
    Soooo... When and how (on what choppers, factions and what type of guidance) are we going to see this implemented?
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Comment
    Na, its Pigeon Guided

To be honest, the tv-missiles on bf2 worked indeed that way... you had to click permanently to follow the target.

Tags