Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > MasterX
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rating: 9 votes, 4.56 average.
New T72B - "Valera"
Posted in: Texturing
Posted 2016-04-28 at 18:16 by [R-DEV]MasterX

Hi guys,

First of all, I would like to announce that I'm officially part of the PR DEV team now! Really excited to keep working on new projects and help out the team.
So back to the actual blog, this new turret was issued to me for a brand new texture. However, we would still use the chassis of the vanilla T72 (less work) which still needed an update in texture aswell because of the ERA blocks on the T72B and to match the quality of the new turret.

It's not decided yet on which map the desert version will be used, but it is certain that you will see the woodland version on Assault on Grozny in the next update. I hope you like them!

Modeled by: 77SiCaRiO77 & [R-DEV]ddeo

T72b - Desert

T72b - Woodland

Thanks for watching and till the next time!

MasterX out.
Updated 2016-04-28 at 18:24 by [R-DEV]MasterX
Views: 118656 | Comments: 50

Comments
Total Comments: 50
  1. Old Comment
  2. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit View Comment
    saving spec map on normals?
    As your aware, basically yes, but as you also know, its a bit more technical than just that, since doing that on its own, doesn't save any memory, it just moves where the spec is. The trick is on top of moving the spec to the normal maps, is to then have the diffuse be in a higher rez than the spec/normal maps, since that's doing most of the work, while only being saved in DXT1 which is 1/4 of the file size of DXT5, which is what the normal/spec maps need to be saved in, but since they are 1/4 of the rez of the diffuse now, costs far less memory, without affecting visual detail very much, especially if its at the current rez it was before, which it is in most cases, with the diffuse being 4x the rez it was before, for only 2x the memory, where doing that rez in the old traditional setup, would be 6x the memory.
  3. Old Comment
    Are the ERA blocks just for the looks or are they actually working somehow?
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jacksonez__ View Comment
    Are the ERA blocks just for the looks or are they actually working somehow?
    For now they will count as front armour, including the ones on the side etc, but in time we may make them have a special material that only tandem weapons will be able to do significant damage against.
  5. Old Comment
    The Desert Variant could be in Beirut, as Russian Naval INF don't have acess to T-90(they have acess for the T-80, but the T-72 would make more sense than the T-90)
  6. Old Comment
    this version have a ATGM?
    Posted 2016-05-05 at 08:45 by Roque_THE_GAMER Roque_THE_GAMER is offline
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Comment
    this version have a ATGM?
    From Wikipedia
    T-72B (Object 184) (NATO code: SMT M198:[44] {1985}[41] (SMT ? Soviet Medium Tank) Much improved version with 1A40-1 fire control system, thicker armour, turret front and top was heavily reinforced with composite armour better known by its US codename "Super Dolly Parton", 20 mm of appliqu? armour in the front of hull, 9K120 system which gives T-72B 9M119 "Svir" (NATO code: AT-11 Sniper) laser-guided antitank missile capability, new 2A46M main gun, 1K13-49 sight, stabilization system, and a new V-84-1 engine with 840 hp (626 kW). On early models the smoke dischargers were mounted on the turret front (as per T-72A), later they were grouped on the left side of the turret to prepare for the installation of ERA bricks.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gerfand View Comment
    Tell me that this is not going to destroy my already bad perfomace?
    Well the game is very geometry-intensive; that's graphics card performance department. Lag and stuttering, maybe even the occasional connection freeze or drop, that's due to the enormous amount of network info that must be coordinated between each client and the server, then back out to all clients.
  9. Old Comment
    So what is it that newer systems have that could help run the game better & suffer less gameplay issues (such as my often experienced memory failure crash) ? Is it more RAM ? More GPU memory ?
    Posted 2016-05-13 at 01:40 by Generic PR Gamer Generic PR Gamer is offline
  10. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [R-DEV]camo View Comment
    The vehicles isn't 100% ready yet, but there will be a 3rd seat gun.
    Just saying my own opinion but i think you should make it like the PZIV in WW2, where u can use binoc's from it, i just feel its so much more usefull :P