project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Arab
12 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Deployable, Stationary Rotatable WASD Cameras
Posted in: Coding
Posted 2021-10-22 at 12:53 by Arab

Hello everyone, hope everyone is doing well.

Today I'm excited to reveal a nifty update for our stationary and deployable weapons which is the ability to move the cameras left and right, up and down.

A long standing issue with PR's stationary weapons has been the lack of movement in cameras, especially stationary weapons like the SPG-9.
While jets have the ability to use the freecam view with Ctrl and the number keys to view different camera angles, the weapons itself had no such features.

Thanks to an idea by [R-DEV]Mats391 and after lots of experimentations, all Deployables and Stationaries will allow you to toggle the cameras to rotate to the left and right at the direction you are turning, which gives you a better situational awareness on the battlefield.

AT weapons will rotate left and right with the A and D keys while AA weapons will rotate with both W, S and A, D keys. Additionally, most of the stationary weapons will use the right-click mouse button to zoom instead of the 'C' default camera toggle key for added ease of use.

Currently most Deployables, including the SPG-9 and the vehicle mounted version have these features done ready to be shipped. Other weapons are continuously being worked on, so expect some of this changes to be included in future updates.

Stay safe, and have a good day.

[R-DEV]Arab
Updated 2023-08-27 at 05:17 by Arab
Views: 77113 | Comments: 5

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 5
  1. Old Comment
    Very Nice!
    Posted 2021-10-22 at 14:23 by M1A2 Abrams Tank M1A2 Abrams Tank is offline
  2. Old Comment
    More PR features I thought we would never get! It's amazing how much more potential PR has.
  3. Old Comment
    Amazing work! Well done, man!!
  4. Old Comment
    I guess my back will be safer.
  5. Old Comment
    OMG yes! We absolutely needed this!