project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

1. Old Comment

Breaking the seat limit

That is just fantastic! It is gonna change quite a few things, and no leaving people behind.
    If it wouldn't be too weird I would for gameplay sake up the +7 man apcs to 8 just to avoid the old chopper issue.
  2. Old Comment

Breaking the seat limit

Amazing work! very nice to hear this kind of achievement!
    Can't wait to see how it plays out in gameplay
  3. Old Comment

Kamov Ka-52K Katran helicopter

When is it coming to the game? Because there was LOT of small patches.
  4. Old Comment

Sangin - nearly ready for testing...

This is awesome Rank! Always checking back to see how this map is going, so if you need any help testing let me know.
  5. Old Comment

Login server rework

thank you guys game working again
    Posted 2020-07-21 at 00:20 by [NRNS]Killer-5A [NRNS]Killer-5A is offline
  6. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rabbit View Comment
    How did you manage the non crap lod stuff.
    I duplicated the overgrowth objects I was using, say for example the grassfield_100m, renamed the duplicate and every file in it to something else, in this case grassfield_100st. I then opened every .con file in the folder and changed every reference to the file name, updating them all by adding st at the end of grassfield_100m. I then deleted the lod .staticmesh file, created a copy of the main .staticmesh file, and renamed it as the lod one. The engine then treats the copy of the main mesh as a LOD and is fine with it being in the surrounding terrain.

The main downside to this method is that most of the overgrowth you add will not then switch to the normal, tri saving LODs at any range, so you have to be pretty sparing with it. I just use it to roughly the point in the distance where, if you're stood at the edge or the map, you'd be able see it's main model before it would switch to the LOD anyway. Beyond that point I've just used LOD overgrowth as you normally would.

However, the grassfields have been coded differently and still switch to a LOD, even after you replace the lod staticmesh. Not sure how it works, but I presume the same method could be used for other overgrowth in the future. I've put the grassfields far enough back into the surrounding terrain to mean that, unless you actively go looking for them to end, you're not going to see to the point where they stop.

I've not noticed any impact on performance.

I also had to increase the draw distance of the tree LODs, again using duplicate files (otherwise they only drew to about 400m) just using the cull radius line in the lod.con file i.e.

Code:
    GeometryTemplate.create StaticMesh tree_deciduous_3astlod_lod

ObjectTemplate.create SimpleObject tree_deciduous_3astlod_lod
    ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1
    ObjectTemplate.cullRadiusScale 15
    ObjectTemplate.creator MB03:mb
    ObjectTemplate.geometry tree_deciduous_3astlod_lod
    Also, as is usually done for the fields, I changed the isOvergrowth to 0 for all the LOD overgrowth in the surrounding terrain.
    Updated 2020-05-17 at 10:00 by Dr Rank (It was like 3am when I post it originally, just made it make more sense)
  7. Old Comment

How did you manage the non crap lod stuff.
  8. Old Comment

Login server rework

I can't log in for some reason and by that i mean after i selected my profile pressed "Play" the launcher closed by itself and a new window opened and says "PR:BF2 has closed, cleaning up resources" , i've already done the following:
    -redownload the game
    -reinstalled the game
    -steam login (new account)
    -changed my steam account privacy
    -calculating my account level
    Posted 2020-05-14 at 09:47 by FudgeHead
  9. Old Comment

Login server rework

Quote:
    Originally Posted by X0R View Comment
    "If you are new to Project Reality or are on a very old version, visit the downloads page to download the standalone v1.6 installer. Project Reality is completely free and no additional software is required to play. "
    Steam does not have to be installed. We do it through the webbrowser OpenID login.
  10. Old Comment

Login server rework

"If you are new to Project Reality or are on a very old version, visit the downloads page to download the standalone v1.6 installer. Project Reality is completely free and no additional software is required to play. "
    Updated 2020-05-02 at 11:29 by X0R