project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

1. Old Comment

Extended Commander Icons by Bahiakof

Hello friends!!

I thank [R-DEV]Arab for his interest in working on this project.

This commander tool will be very useful for creating missions/objectives for leaders to complete, especially in events.

The work was great!! Congratulations!!!
  2. Old Comment

I somehow missed this.

Can you give commander the ability to put markers from UAV based on where he's pointing at? Not only would it be much less confusing to mark things when spotting, but is also how it works with IRL drones.
  3. Old Comment
  4. Old Comment

New Kit, Vehicle, Weapons Minimap Icons by CAS_ual_TY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by captainfuture View Comment
    I am sorry to have to say that, but I also think the icons are too similar to each other. Keep it small and simple. One should be able to identify the class within a glimpse.
    Completely agree

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hans_Strudel View Comment
    Too many icons for same vehicle class. People don't usually use icon on minimap to identify specific vehicle - there is asset legend for that. Would be great to use only one icon for each vehicle class as it is right now.
    Will try to simplify it.

The light, medium and heavy icons would need to use it's own shape as shown on page 1 - much like the original PR icons and kits icon like the rifleman kit may need to be redone.
  5. Old Comment

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bonvi View Comment
    Thank you guys. This is gonna be godsent. Especially the blue mortar and the blue crate. The number markers and a fob request are amazing additions also.
    The "saboteur spotted" is another good idea, as a way of communicating "mines here somewhere". I hope it won't have a disappear timer.

But we're also gonna need a blue ATGM tripod. If you reach your tow limit because you can't find the one someone built and abandoned, that can really mess up your game plan.
    True. Will add that in.

Edit: Done
    Updated 2023-09-20 at 13:38 by Arab
  6. Old Comment

Thank you guys. This is gonna be godsent. Especially the blue mortar and the blue crate. The number markers and a fob request are amazing additions also.
    The "saboteur spotted" is another good idea, as a way of communicating "mines here somewhere". I hope it won't have a disappear timer.

But we're also gonna need a blue ATGM tripod. If you reach your tow limit because you can't find the one someone built and abandoned, that can really mess up your game plan.
  7. Old Comment

I am sorry to have to say that, but I also think the icons are too similar to each other. Keep it small and simple. One should be able to identify the class within a glimpse.
  8. Old Comment

Too many icons for same vehicle class. People don't usually use icon on minimap to identify specific vehicle - there is asset legend for that. Would be great to use only one icon for each vehicle class as it is right now.
  9. Old Comment

Respect CAS_ual_TY for his dedication. He really put an effort in drawing all of this, but i have to say some criticism:

Single pixel outline looks too thin. Sometimes it will be hard to distinguish icons from a background. I can barely see new icons of artillery guns over forest in a dragon fly gif example. Trying to put as many unnecessary details as possible of 1 pixel size inside other icons create visual noise instead of desired detalization. Sometimes less - is better. I think a main goal of icons itself - to be fast and easy readable, I have issues with new ones. Will see how many peoples agree with me on release.
  10. Old Comment

My own opinion that some can be used and some need to stay as old one or be reworked:

- Cas jets, trans heli and AA looks good and fresh from gifs.
    - APC\IFV definitely lost recognition even after rework, in a fight they can be easily misinform what you got on your back.
    - On trans track that darkblue\black side where inf sitting way more readable than using same color as truck.
    - When sticking multiple trucks in a row new trucks looks like minecraft cart and older more informative in this situation.
    - New tow looks like trombone and lost it real shape.
    - What is this small square on tank turret? M48 Patton lens or what is it ?

- This is balloon fighter or what is that on sides? For sure this is not the rocket pods, btw chopper itself looks good.
    - All kits icons looks to thick. Like lat almost lost trigger. What the hell happened to the AR icon that transformed QBZ-95 into some blaster from bf2?
    ?
    - Losing wheels on new AT-gun icon looks weird. (Or I'm blind and they are present but fully black and hardly recognizable on dark maps. Add like blue dot inside?)

Looking on vehicle spawn older icons looks more unique. Newer is way soft-round shaped on the angles. Older ones uses black color to create more visible angle on any background.