project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

1. Old Comment

Project Reality 0.9 - Home (Piano Solo)

This track is so good. Peaceful yet dramatic at the same time.

Eargasm.
  2. Old Comment

That tune is so peaceful that I'd like it to play at my funeral. No joke.
  3. Old Comment

It's calming in some kind of way, really like it.
  4. Old Comment
    Posted 2010-11-25 at 20:03 by RememberTheAlamo RememberTheAlamo is offline
  5. Old Comment

Love this track... in some ways it reminds me of that melancholic feel of songs from FFVII.... like Aeris Theme.

Thanks for posting this Scott its great
  6. Old Comment
  7. Old Comment

African Union update.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hawk2k9 View Comment
    I know it's still just a game...but i find this trend of brainless inurement quite disturbing. Others just see the variety of weapons and factions and rejoice. I however can't avoid to see the stories behind these factions (eventhough the AU and ARF seem to be fictional, we all (hopefully) know on what scenario they are aiming at). With the simplification of a game, there is a certain danger behind it of getting a distorted picture. A famous and often heard example that makes me rage everytime: "The SS? bad guys, but they have fancy uniforms! and the Sturmgewehr 44! OMG YES!"
    I'm sure the team members and the mappers of the faction (myself, making a 4km African Forces map) would be well aware if such scenarios were taking place within the maps and the game modes. So no - there is no secret motive to involve African civil wars and crimes against humanity as objectives. The ARF is the Militia branch of the African Forces, while the African Union is the conventional branch. It, like the MEC, is a fictional faction. Whatever wierd conspiracies you have are out of the question in terms of development.
  8. Old Comment

African Union update.

YouTube - Lord of War OST - Antonio Pinto - Conscience
    The first one seems awkwardly too close to Lord of War..
  9. Old Comment

African Union update.

From a practical standpoint having a 'Child Soldier' would be nigh impossible to code/animate/model ingame.
  10. Old Comment

African Union update.

that was meant to be ironic. In this case the alleged "belittlement" is supposed to have a shock effect to the reader - perhaps to arouse?!. In this case it worked quite well .
    You see the fact is, many players don't really reflect on what they are actually playing.
    I have quite a problem to play IDF-Hamas in PR due to the fact that it is quite a very controversial conflict. Same goes with the german Army that is fighting at the Hindukush. (defined as a defensive army as by the German Basic Law - never meant to set foot on another country again [while being armed that is] - they however got dragged into the afghanistan conflict over the NATO, a relict of the cold war with Germany as member only because of organisational reasons [strategical coordination] and the fact that the own country was a critical location of the cold war crisis)
    I know it's still just a game...but i find this trend of brainless inurement quite disturbing. Others just see the variety of weapons and factions and rejoice. I however can't avoid to see the stories behind these factions (eventhough the AU and ARF seem to be fictional, we all (hopefully) know on what scenario they are aiming at). With the simplification of a game, there is a certain danger behind it of getting a distorted picture. A famous and often heard example that makes me rage everytime: "The SS? bad guys, but they have fancy uniforms! and the Sturmgewehr 44! OMG YES!"
    Updated 2010-11-17 at 17:28 by Hawk2k9