project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > dbzao
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
How I Record, Edit and Export PR Gameplay Videos
Posted in: Other
Posted 2010-05-10 at 01:47 by dbzao

I wanted to share this and hopefully get more people involved in recording PR gameplay and show the world what PR is all about. ;)

Of course, it's not the only way to do it, but it's enough for me, after trying all sorts of setups. My main goal was not to spend much time editing and recording, so I decided to just show straight PR gameplay. I show what I really see, no fancy battlerecorder 3rd person views and whatnot. It's cool to see that kind of thing, but for me it's all about the time you want to spend. Between showing straight gameplay and not showing anything (because it's too much time consuming), I choose the straight 1st person gameplay.

If you are using Windows Movie Maker (God have mercy on your soul) you are dealing with crashes and crappy export options for no good reason. Here I show you a stable, simple, straightforward way to do it, so hopefully you can learn from it and be inspired to try it yourself.

[YOUTUBEHD]HF9uYt5lacw[/YOUTUBEHD]

Hope to see more PR videos in the future. ;)
Updated 2015-01-16 at 02:02 by dbzao (Updated video)
Views: 24205 | Comments: 8

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 8
  1. Old Comment
    Thanks. I used to make crappy awful pr movies previously but now thanks to this I will improvement so much
  2. Old Comment
    Thanks for taking the time to do this DB, i've been thinking about doing gameplay videos recently and hopefully this'll push me to actually get my head down and do it.

Thankyou.
  3. Old Comment
    Nice, very good.
  4. Old Comment
    so,how can i prevent lag?
    i have i5 750 2.66 ghz quad.
    5850 video card.
    4 g ram.
    but when i try to record,examble in fools road,it just get laggy.
    or maybe i need more ram?
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maarit View Comment
    so,how can i prevent lag?
    i have i5 750 2.66 ghz quad.
    5850 video card.
    4 g ram.
    but when i try to record,examble in fools road,it just get laggy.
    or maybe i need more ram?
    Damn your rig blows my computer out the water and I was actually thinking of recording. If you can't record, what chance do I have!!!!!!! :P
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by echo View Comment
    Damn your rig blows my computer out the water and I was actually thinking of recording. If you can't record, what chance do I have!!!!!!! :P
    I have
    Core 2 Duo E8400
    Geforce 9800GT 1GB
    2GB of 400MHz RAM

When I used to have Windows XP, I could record on the highest PR settings with no FPS drop at all!!
    When I installed Windows 7, I can't record on Muttrah when I am staring at the sea!

I feel that Windows 7 makes FRAPS laggy!
  7. Old Comment
    How might old codecs conflict with the ones from the Mega pack. And how do I unstall all ; _ ; ?
  8. Old Comment
    Does anyone else have an issue with BF2 not scaling resolution? By "scaling" I mean playing at a lower resolution than native and it not filling up the entire screen area?

Now that I have the hard drive space to record some footage, I tried to set my resolution to 1280x800 so I could record and keep acceptable framerates. I am using a brand new copy of BF2 (steam version) and a Dell 24" 2407WFP monitor (1920x1200). the rest of my system is on my profile. The problem is that the game doesn't scale vertically. I remember it not being a problem before the 1.5 patch if I recall correctly. Any ideas?