project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Chuc
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Fooled?
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2011-04-01 at 12:46 by Chuc

While the whole Reality Studios merger deal was a farce, the artwork linked to in the announcement wasn't :mrgreen: As a little concession for having a good laugh at the April Fool, here are some wallpaper versions of the painting.

[URL="http://i.imgur.com/2lwCG.jpg"]1920x1080[/URL]
[URL="http://i.imgur.com/M07BA.jpg"]1280x1024[/URL]

For those that don't know aside from my involvement with the mod as animator and 3D texture artist, I'm an aspiring concept artist and 2D animator. As part of my education I'm taking a one year exchange trip to Japan (beginning in just 2 days!) for language exposure and also a chance to gather as much information about the industry there, as it's a sort of guilty dream of mine to work in anime and Japanese games.

My planned retirement from modding is a way of saying that I'd like to change my focus, however that's not to say that what I learned during my time with Project Reality has been for nothing.

It's hard to believe that I started with these little kit icons -

[url]https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f388-pr-bf2-community-modding/30360-request-help-pr-making-some-icons-photoshop-skills-necessary-2.html[/url]

To end up with having re-animated every single weapon, item and piece of equipment in the game..

I learned a lot of valuable lessons when it comes to dealing with people, other artists as good as me, and also working as a team with coders, sound artists, modellers, texturers and graphic artists on a complete and wholesome gaming package that is PR:BF2. I've made a lot of friends and contacts both in the modding and gaming realms, got interviewed via podcast and magazine on a few occasions, but the real reward comes in seeing hundreds if not thousands of people enjoying the game that I had helped to make.

And for that I say thank you :mrgreen: Till we meet again.

For anyone curious, most of my other work is on my portfolio site @
[url]www.studioash.net[/url]
Updated 2011-04-01 at 14:13 by Chuc
Views: 55196 | Comments: 18

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 18
  1. Old Comment
    awesome artwort chuc
    i wish you great sucess on your carrer and i hope that you never forget to have a look at the pr forums from time to time
  2. Old Comment
  3. Old Comment
    Hey chuc thanks for everything!

before you go, show us some animations (Single level, classical) I remember a single level one you showed the testers ages ago.

Good luck with your journey.
  4. Old Comment
    aaa the best lie is when you mix a bit of truth in it xD
  5. Old Comment
    I still am yet to see any AAA title games top your 1p animations for authenticity Chuc. Good luck with the career!
  6. Old Comment
    Don't get too radiated in Japan ey Chuc? Good luck mate.
  7. Old Comment
    Chuc isn't actually leaving, that's just part of the joke! D=

Nah, have fun in Japan and stay safe, a bit dangerous over there at the moment.

Thank you for everything!
  8. Old Comment
    Thanks for everything Chuc.

Your userbar that I made for you is always yours, and only yours You are a fucking ninja.
  9. Old Comment
    Nice work Chuc
  10. Old Comment
    Great work and good luck in Japan, Chuc :-)