Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > CodeRedFox
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
[Idea] Changes to Korengal in 0.9
Posted in: Mapping
Posted 2009-05-16 at 03:38 by CodeRedFox

[Idea] Changes to Korengal in 0.9

[IMG]https://www.realitymod.com/forum/members/2104-albums45-picture647.jpg[/IMG]
Updated

[QUOTE]A bit of an update:

[B]USA[/B]
- Camp Murphy is totally removed
- The outpost is now the new US base
- The outpost has been completely demolished and rebuild with security and defense in mind.
- Us will have and additional two expiring start point (near the old camp murphy and at the downs black hawk)

[B]TALIBAN[/B]
- Old Taliban start spawns are all removed now that cache spawning happens.
- Outpost is a no go for Taliban

[B]GAMEPLAY and MAP[/B]
- Ammo Caches have been moved and replaced
- The snowy areas now all have trees, in fact there isn't much that barren like before (this comes from ref images)
- Replaced a majority of the tress with large bushes, doing testing now
- I've littered a bunch of rocks around the map in the hills to add a bit more interesting cover
- Increased the undergrowth numbers a bit
- Another cave added
- Caches rearranged to hopefully encourage more cave fighting while not making it imposable to find them.
[/QUOTE]
Updated 2009-07-21 at 05:39 by CodeRedFox
Views: 29937 | Comments: 37

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 37
  1. Old Comment
    I think this will be really good, what's gonna happen to the other base then?
  2. Old Comment
    Removed and made into a village.
  3. Old Comment
    Film added to show what I'm going for
  4. Old Comment
    I like it how it is now :neutral: - Main thing that stops me saying that Korengal is prefect is the lack of paths - jumping up the hills drives me crazy and the injuries from minor falls make it worse. The North side slopes are fine. It's just that area on the South near the current US main. Also the tunnels are great, but slightly under used I think. Its not often that there's fire fights in them (and I play Korengal alot) Put more cashes in them!
  5. Old Comment
    Its kudos to you that you are taking one of THE BEST, most realistic maps in PR and trying to make it even more so.

Though, I would say, perhaps it is a misdirection of your efforts, a new map, or making more layers or Day 2 scenarios may be more profitable in terms of outcome and variation. Your map is the ONLY map in pr with a bona fide alternative layout, it is one of the best but does need tweaks here and there ofc.

In any case CRF, ur maps are awesome, and I'm looking forward to this project if it does indeed come to fruition.
  6. Old Comment
    Throw in another larger building for spawns and mortar shelter though, way too open for a main base atm considering you can fire into it from the hills.

I guess for the alternative layer you could have the flag captureable and with an expiring RP spawn meaning players would need to build a fb there.

Also agreed with [RCON]space on the paths.
  7. Old Comment
    The paths wont be changed as I really like the idea that the worlds not smooth. I wanted to create a difficult terrain to transverse unless you took main roads. Watching any videos from that area will show you the difficulties.

Also seen as this will be the new main base I will be adding in more protection from attacks. This pic is basically a ground increasing pic. I'll post more when I have the time.
  8. Old Comment
    Cool, any chance of Rhinos Afgan Bridges coming?
  9. Old Comment
    good decision fox, i think this will make the map flow better, but for godsake the mortars cant be on the small timers their on now
  10. Old Comment
    ace addition !!! love it, alot more realistic (IMO) and be alot better for gameplay