project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > Undies
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Undies' Stuff
Posted in: Uncategorized
Posted 2009-04-29 at 17:16 by Undies

My blog will be a little bit of PR and a little bit of other stuff, so dont look too much into the details.

[B]Me[/B]

For those who do not know me, i am a 35 years old (yeah i know its pretty crusty) soldier who has served in the Royal Armoured Corps in the British Army for 12 years. I am in a good position for my role as one of the MA's, with regards to the armoured vehicles and all arms tactics employed.

I am in an armoured regiment called the Kings Royal Hussars, which i joined as a Challenger 1 driver. I then moved along in my career and have been driver on Challenger 2 as well as the operator (loader) and eventually a few years ago i became a Challenger 2 commander. Along the way i have also managed to crew CVRT's like Spartan, Sultan and Salamander.

I have served in all the usual places except Afghanistan, and for the record, The Balkans was great.

[B]Me and PR[/B]

I started playing i suppose at about .3 or .5 though i couldnt be sure to be honest. I met [R-DEV]UK_Force a few years back and he brought me into the fold as another MA, for which i am very grateful.

I have also started modelling as an enthusiastic sideline about 18 months ago, its pretty tricky but i have learned masses as i have gone along. I am currently working on Static Defensive possibilities which include current developments in operatonal theatres. I will see how i get on with this.

[B]What to put in my blog??[/B]

A lot of the time i will put up pictures of things i have seen or done in the last few days, lots of the time it is taking photos of military vehicles i see, or like the look of.

Recently i saw a new vehicle to the British Army, a 'Tempest' parked not 100 yards from my house whilst out walking to the shop for a newspaper.

[IMG]http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg92/UNDIESRULES/010308002.jpg[/IMG]

The photo doesnt do it justice, the wheel arches alone were about 5 foot high.

Thats all for the time being, i will look at regularly updating my blog, for those who wish to read it, thanks, for those who don't.......well i hope you change your mind :)
Updated 2009-04-30 at 05:54 by Undies
Views: 11925 | Comments: 3

Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 3
  1. Old Comment
    Wow nice, haven't seen that before...looks nice
  2. Old Comment
    not bad undies, I'd like to read about about some general information on modern armored combat. Possibly some interesting stories too?

good blogging
  3. Old Comment
    Quick question out of interest.

What rank are you if your the tank commander? I'd assume a SNCO.

Neat blog hope to see more in the future