Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Developer Blogs > AfterDune
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Rate this Entry
Project Reality Careerpath (:D)
Posted in: Features
Posted 2009-03-05 at 08:03 by [R-DEV]AfterDune

How it all began
I started playing Project Reality at the end of 2006, became a forummember in February 2007 and since then been hooked on PR.

Cinematics
I started out as a regular player. Later on got interested in making videos. I think it was halfway 2007 when I made my very first gameplay video. I had some video editting experience from previous amateur projects and wanted to focus on game videos. Around that time I was also a tester for PR.
After doing some videos I got "noticed" by 'the team' and as a result I got promoted to R-CON. My job was to work together with [R-DEV]UKForce and make a video for the British Army. The goal of the project was to show how a game like Project Reality could simulate a realistic approach to possible reallife situations. Unfortunately it was too much work and couldn't fit in a single PR release (it started in 0.6 beta and continued until after 0.7's release).

After several months serving PR I got promoted to R-DEV. I'm responsible for organizing filming sessions and create teaser and trailer videos from them (like the 0.8 trailer and 0.85 teaser).

I hope to bring you more visual goodness in the future. In the mean time, why not check out my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/AfterDune

Coding
I'm a programmer in real life and somewhere in 2008 got interested in Python programming for BF2. I'm still active in this department and regularly release new versions of my ingame admin and smartbalance scripts.

Community Faction: Dutch Armed Forces
Together with [R-CON]Glimmerman I started the development of the Dutch Armed Forces for PR. I'm responsible for pretty much every technical aspect. Think of creating test builds, mapmaking, implementing weapons/vehicles/textures as well as creating and/or adjusting them.

Mapping
I always liked mapping but sucked at it. The BF2 Editor is a bitch to get used to (at least that's my opinion), but once you make friends with her, she's alright. Right now I'm mapping for the Dutchies: Raid At Dawn and Tarin Kowt are my children .

Well I guess that's all I have to say for now. Hope you enjoyed reading it. And if you don't, well I don't care .
Updated 2009-03-27 at 13:08 by [R-DEV]AfterDune
Views: 9919 | Comments: 7

Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 7
  1. Old Comment
    Your youtube link didn't work for me, after searching in the channels under your username the link came up as YouTube - Afterdune's Channel.
  2. Old Comment
    Well written! I can't wait for your "children"
  3. Old Comment
    nice! maybe a bit too much PR?
    Updated 2009-05-04 at 14:11 by J.F.Leusch69
  4. Old Comment
    AD you rock my world !
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snazz View Comment
    Your youtube link didn't work for me, after searching in the channels under your username the link came up as YouTube - Afterdune's Channel.
    Gah, it requires "www" :-\. Editted my post. Thanks .
  6. Old Comment
    You make good videos. I think I've told you that 10 times already
  7. Old Comment
    get this man some more jaffas!