edRush - Medic
GhostDog - Auto Rifle
Tantal - Rifleman
Faruk - Rifleman
MAINERROR - Rifleman AT

Squad 7:
FullKontact - Officer

What Happened:

Joined TG for a round of Fools Road. Played a previous round and FullKontact was up for doing some combined infantry tactics. Sorted out the squad then moved to the village on foot as the 1st objective was quite close to our Russian mainbase where we started.

[xfire]108f10[/xfire]

We had to move on foot as our team had no armor or APC squads that wanted to communicate or work together, so we had no other transport. This was a bad omen and was foreshadowing for what would happen the rest of the round.

FullKontact had to wait at mainbase to get his squad members to join up and kitted out as he was late on joining in. After we built a firebase at the village, I decided to go to the first objective with my squad alone.

We made it mostly up the hill and I had a bad feeling. Sure enough, upon cresting the hill, I saw a faint silhouette about 250m out, and I knew right away the enemy had rushed to get to an ambush position on our 1st objective. I didn't react fast enough and was hit bad by a 50cal from an enemy technical and my squad was taking heavy fire. We did not have a firing position and the enemy had a great angle on us so we just hugged the ground and prayed for the shooting to stop. My squad did not react too well to contact and several of them exposed themselves and were shot. A medic from another squad (Outlawz) came to revive me and did a good job considering the amount of fire coming in, which was constant and very accurate, it must have been a couple PKM's in addition to a 50cal.

[xfire]1096a3[/xfire]

Eventually I was revived and the rest of the squad regrouped and we shifted left into cover. There was some friendly squads moving up and trying to flank the enemy but it was slow going as the terrain was extremely steep. My squad got some suppression on the enemy and killed a couple and they seemed to back off.

[xfire]1096e1[/xfire]

We regrouped and were attacked by sporadic 1 man lonewolves, then we decided to move onto the enemies old position.

Upon nearing the crest of the hill the enemy ambushed us once again, wiping out most of the squad using extremely close quarter rifle fire and grenades.

[xfire]10975b[/xfire]

[xfire]1097aa[/xfire]

We eventually made it up the hill, only to realize that the entire enemy team had gotten some wierd bug and were all CTD. We made it to the top of the hill and saw their firebase in the Hilltop Estate. We waited a while till some loaded back in then we headed to the Hilltop Estate to assault. The enemy had made very extensive defenses and it was impossible to gain access, all entrances were covered by HMG's and enemy was ready with grenades.

[xfire]10979a[/xfire]

After a few attempts to rush the position failed, we hung back and guarded the entrances, when occasionally enemies would venture out and get killed.

We waited until an artillery strike could hit the Estate, then we all attacked simultanously from north and south entrances, but the enemy were dug in and the artillery was ineffective and did NOT knock out the 50cals or kill many enemy.

I believe the round ended with Russians losing prety badly, we lost many armor vehicles and they never helped the infantry squads on any assaults, which would have been really useful to surpress the rooftops of the estate and shell the insides of the buidlings but the armor units never responded to any of the requests for fire support and instead drove around the map doing their own thing (and getting destroyed by spandrels). I was not at the end, I was kicked by TG's script for supporting members (along with most of my squad)

Player Recommendations:

Outlawz: excellent medic, went way above and beyond the line of duty to revive fallen teammates, sometimes teammates were down for 3-4 minutes and he still managed to come revive them before they timed out. He knew when to take cover, when to throw smoke (and importantly) when to use his rifle when enemy were near. He followed our squad around as we were getting shot alot lol :P Good player, would recommend him again for medic.

FullKontact: great SL to work with, very good comms and kept his cool even when things were going badly. Good use of tactics, hope to play with him again.

GhostDog: Great SAW gunner, used good suppression and was a killer with that PKM!

Tantal, Faruk, MAINERROR, edRush: good squad members, listened well and obeyed all orders even when they got us all killed. Would play with you all again
Updated 2009-08-15 at 10:25 by fuzzhead
Views: 6253 | Comments: 5

« Previous Entry  |  Main  |  Next Entry »

Comments
Total Comments: 5
  1. Old Comment
    lol... don't walk infront of me or you'll die.

*DEAD*
  2. Old Comment
    Ahh I believe I remembered this round. It was really good. You guys had good tactics... and your mortar strike would have been good, if it weren't obvious. Basically, we'd been notified that a mortar strike could possibly go down at hilltop, so we all moved out (Away from the FB) and awaited for you guys to attack, to which we followed a whole enemy squad and killed them behind.

Though I'm not sure if you were kicked for supporting member fuzzhead, before/after all that happened.

But yeah, I remember when our entire team (Chechen) ALL crashed to desktop, apart from those two, who probably just joined the server or something. It was kinda weird... hm. Oh and those technicals on the hills at the beginning... there two squads there with 3 technicals overlooking, to ensure the enemy would take casualties trying to cap the flag. Then we were being flanked, so we re-located.

After you were kicked from the server, we tried capping that other flag near heli-base, which had 2 tanks and apc on it. - Spandrel managed to get both and our squad killed the apc, with couger calling a arty strike on the firebase. But just before that, we had a squad chasing us through the wooded area's near your village main and we kept falling back... until we were near to your main!!!!

Was a really good match! Shame you were kicked man.
  3. Old Comment
    Good to know my super fail ability to flip over every vehicle I drive has been glorified. <_<
  4. Old Comment
    I remember this round...
    I joined late and play with an OK SL. He left and I was forced into the SL position.
    My squad formed a platoon with Startreken...we stayed with him right up until the artillery strike ended. No casualties on the Chechan team, they opened up on us with the 50 cals and we just made a break for it.
  5. Old Comment
    I regret taking that hill near your first flag at the start of the round. I had 14 people up there with me. 3 techs and 3 PKmgs. We waited untill you and a few others were over the ridge before everyone opened up. We were able to kill about 5 in the first volley.

Although it works I don't like exploiting the checs mobility advantage like that.

Should have switched to russian at the start of that round. Your team needed the help.
    Posted 2009-08-13 at 15:47 by Portable.Cougar Portable.Cougar is offline