project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-06-29, 19:54   #1
RAWSwampFox
Default CIVIES and Martyrs

Good Afternoon,

Ok, I totally understand the new changes when it comes to the ROE but I have a few issues. Since the changes, very very few people play CIVI anymore. Could we do the following?

Change the timer back to 1 minute due to the 10 meter rule? This, IMO, still keeps the folks that get shot, drop kit, and martyr within the 1 minute because they are usually very near others fighting and would not have time to get away from them before dying. For the few that do make it, I would call this an acceptable risk. Also the 2 minutes makes playing CIVI almost non-existent due to the fact that only disciplined people will play it as well as the gameplay moves too fast for this excessive timer.

Could we also incorporate ROE into all of the Insurgency factions? - Taliban, Syrian, ARF, and Militia?

Lastly, it is my opinion that the Insurgency factions seem to get beat up on more as in the dev's change things faster on these factions when it comes to gameplay because of the simple fact that blufor COD guys like to just shoot anything that moves. When you play Insurgency, you have to think outside of the box to play because of your limited options in regards to kits and vehicles.

Please please please reconsider this in the next patch.

-SwampFox
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 20:09   #2
Rabbit
Default Re: CIVIES and Martyrs

The timer is to help prevent part of the exploit, so it probably will not be removed, however there is a pretty big change coming to insurgency in the next patch which should help out the INS quite a bit. However, there is only so much we can do with it, as its also up to the players, they should want to win rather than just farm kills to get a good KDR and feel good about themselves.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 21:31   #3
RAWSwampFox

Good Afternoon,

I understand the increase in the timer but I dare say that changing the distance to 25 meters (the size of the smallest keypad in the current map gallery) would decrease the exploitation of wounded, dropping kit, martyr. With this increased distance in place, the timer could be safely lowered to 1 minute. To put it simply, the 2 minute timer is way too high with the speed at which the game is played. If you are going to increase the timer for this one little ROE tactic, I strongly feel that things that greatly benefit the faction being played should also be increased at the very least by 2 minutes. When I say the game speed is too fast, I mean that I can run a squad full of CIVIES and only martyr twice before two caches go down. Also, when will something be put in place to monitor the intel points? Could you add it to the auto-blurb that talks about the caches being known, how many are left, etc.?

Regarding it being up to the players, how many things are included in the PR modification that do not require any thinking that benefit the team? I dare say that the vast majority if not 2/3 of the kits or assets are idiot proof and benefit the faction they support. When I say idiot proof, I mean the guys that do not use tactics, which is the vast majority of players online (IMO), can just jump in any asset and blast away for the win.

I hope the big change referred to is adding ROE to all insurgency factions. Taliban, Syrian, Militia, Hamas, ARF, and INS.

-SwampFox
Old 2014-06-29, 22:16   #4
Beee8190
Supporting Member

I agree with FOX on all points.

2 minutes is way too high for the reasons he mentioned plus how are we even supposed to know its been past 2 minutes, are we supposed to set an alarm every time?

Quote:
they should want to win rather than just farm kills to get a good KDR and feel good about
But they are playing the game as its was designed. Eliminating every thread to them ( farming kills ) is a valid and tactic eventually turns it into victory
Beee8190 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 22:36   #5
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beee8190 View Post
But they are playing the game as its was designed. Eliminating every thread to them ( farming kills ) is a valid and tactic eventually turns it into victory
PR never meant for INS to turn into scopes and vehicles sitting back and just getting kill after kill after kill from a fairly safe distance. Point in, soon sitting back and just picking people off, farming kills will will not be productive at all for blufor.
Old 2014-06-30, 03:45   #6
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
PR never meant for INS to turn into scopes and vehicles sitting back and just getting kill after kill after kill from a fairly safe distance. Point in, soon sitting back and just picking people off, farming kills will will not be productive at all for blufor.
Can you elaborate on this or this our only hint as to what's coming?
Chefmoto1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 04:47   #7
Rabbit

Nope, I'm not going to, its [R-CON]Mats work, so I wont say anything.
Old 2014-06-30, 04:56   #8
tankninja1

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
Nope, I'm not going to, its [R-CON]Mats work, so I wont say anything.
You don't need to say anything we have our ways...

tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 08:55   #9
Jacksonez__

I tried to be tactical civi, but some not-English speaking players kept going past me and followed me. Being civi is hard but not impossible. We even had semi-successful 6 men civi squad in Karbala a few days back.

When it comes to 2 min timer, I browse web in the meantime and have a timer on my phone. It is worth waiting when some triggerhappy AR or MG guys kills a civi
Last edited by Jacksonez__; 2014-06-30 at 09:01..
Old 2014-06-30, 11:50   #10
RAWSwampFox

Good Morning,

I'm glad to see some discussion on this. I'm serious about the changes to the CIVI tactics. I really do think increasing the distance and decreasing the timer would be a good compromise as well as making the risk of exploitation low enough to be an acceptable risk.

-SwampFox

Tags
civies, martyrs