project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-02-05, 19:47   #1
Skull
Question PR Aiming guide

Hi,
ive been searching that forum for quite a while now and i found some interestin things, same as in the manual.
Though, im stil not pretty sure what to think about the aiming of PR
Can any of guys - most likely someone of the PR crew - make a complete guide to weapon usage.
The most important facts like
- how long do i have to wait with each rifle to fire a maximum accurate shot
(this is the most important thing)
- how accurate is that shot
- hows about the bulletdrop
- how do stances influence the weapons

as i said ive been searching the forum, but havent found all that i needed, everyones talking about "a few seconds" but im on of these maths freaks and i wanna know it exactly.
if theres already a guide, im sorry for opening the thread and pls give me a link

greets, skull
Skull is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:12   #2
Pvtpile

Default Re: PR Aiming guide

Don't quote me but I think you have you wait 4 seconds in order for your aim to properly steady, I do not believe stance makes any difference but im really not that sure on this one.

*Off topic is there anyway I can change the flag in my avatar to a Saltire?
Pvtpile is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:49   #3
Oskar

I don't know most specs on this, but bullet drop starts at 600 meters for long range weapons, and most rifles take 4 seconds to be most accurate. For sniper rifles, this is 8 seconds from what I can recall. During this time you should move as little as possible, as WASD movement for over 5 seconds will completely reset your deviation.
But you shouldnt really have to worry much about this if you're a new player. Try to get used to the generic infantry kits before trying out more complicated roles such as Sniper or H-AT. I dunno much about the stances in this new version. All I know is that prone diving is not very effective. In previous versions you were more accurate when firing from a prone or crouching position.
Oskar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 20:53   #4
DrugKoala

Stance is there to shorten the time needed for weapon settle. If you run and stop to shoot, you'd have to wait cca. 8 seconds to nullify the deviation. But generally speaking - 4 seconds of settle with 1 second pacing more than good for an average rifleman,
DrugKoala is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-05, 21:05   #5
Skull

first of all, im not new to this game
and i know its about 4 seconds, but as i said, i wanna know it the exact way.
the manual says "going to prone makes the weapon inaccurate for some seconds" and thats one of the informations i want to know: for how many seconds?
another thing would be, when im running, stoping and directly shooting, where are the bullets going?
there are a lot of things, and im concerned about them, as in real life someone could tell you or you could find out on a shooting range, but there is no accurate and effective way in pr, cause trial and error causes useless deaths and trying that while a firefight is not a good idea.
Old 2010-02-06, 00:18   #6
Skull

bump
anyone up for that?
Old 2010-02-06, 00:48   #7
Truism

No one ever got around to ripping the deviation code out of the files piecemeal last patch, which is unfortunate because it was very useful to know in the 0.7x era.

Nedlands would know it all back to front.
Truism is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 03:00   #8
nedlands1

Okay here's a little guide I quickly made

Definitions:
  • Movement Settle Time - Time for deviation to disperse after walking/running/crawling.
  • Prone/Jump Settle Time - Time for deviation to disperse after jumping or going prone.
  • Single Shot Settle Time - Time for deviation to disperse after shooting a single shot.

Assault Rifles/Battle Rifles

• Movement Settle Time: Up to 5 seconds (1 second per second of movement)
  • Prone/Jump Settle Time: 4.44 seconds
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 1.01 seconds (up to a maximum of 2.02 seconds)
Comments
  • Instaproning doesn't work
  • Try to wait just over a second after turning before firing

Undeployed Machine Guns

• Movement Settle Time: Up to 4.17 seconds (0.875 seconds per second of movement)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: N/A
Comments

Deployed Machine Guns
  • Movement Settle Time: Up to 8.33 seconds (1.65 seconds per second of movement)
Comments
  • Deviation due to firing is irrelevant

Undeployed Designated Marksmen Rifles
  • Movement Settle Time: Up to 5 seconds (1 second per second of movement)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 1.01 seconds (up to a maximum of 2.02 seconds with 2 shots)
Comments
  • Deviation is exactly the same as the assault/battle rifles.

Deployed Designated Marksmen Rifles
  • Movement Settle Time: Up to 8.13 seconds (1.61 seconds per second of movement)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 2.08 seconds (up to a maximum of 2.08 seconds with a single shot)
Comments
  • Automatic fire isn't as good as the deployed machine guns

Sniper Rifles

• Movement Settle Time: Up to 7.94 seconds (1.57 seconds per second of movement)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 4.17 seconds (up to a maximum of 4.17 seconds with a single shot)
Comments

Shotguns

• Movement Settle Time: Up to 6.67 seconds (instantly reaches maximum when moving)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 2.59 seconds (up to a maximum of 2.59 seconds with a single shot)
Comments
  • Deviation due to shooting/moving is irrelevant due to the close engagement ranges and small size of the deviation.

Submachine Guns

• Movement Settle Time: Up to 4.17 seconds (0.875 seconds per second of movement)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 1.94 seconds (up to a maximum of 1.94 seconds with a single shot)
Comments

Pistols
  • Movement Settle Time: Up to 2.08 seconds (instantly at maximum after moving)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 0.56 seconds (up to a maximum of 0.56 seconds with a single shot)
Comments

Underslung Grenade Launchers
  • Movement Settle Time: Up to 2.5 seconds (0.5 seconds per second of movement)
Comments
Last edited by nedlands1; 2010-02-06 at 10:08..
Old 2010-02-06, 08:02   #9
Spearhead
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Sniper Rifles

• Movement Settle Time: Up to 7.94 seconds (1.57 seconds per second of movement)
  • Single Shot Settle Time: 4.17 seconds (up to a maximum of 2.08 seconds with a single shot)
Not sure if I misunderstand or if you forgot something here. Shouldn't it be up to a maximum of 4.17 with a single shot to make sense?

Spearhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-06, 08:33   #10
Doom721

Well I'm glad you got the settle time for insta proning, because I like a goody-two-shoes PR player have trained myself to CROUCH constantly instead of diving prone in open areas and firing
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aiming, guide