Change to British 12 27.91%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-02-14, 17:42   #1
Curry
Supporting Member

Default Nuijamaa

Feedback please.
Curry.

Last edited by Amok@ndy; 2015-06-03 at 05:43..
Old 2015-02-14, 22:52   #2
Plankton555

Default Re: Nuijamaa - Map Test

If you prone close to some of the houses in H9-I9, it is possible to see through them (and actually see enemies on the other side). Was a bit disoriented while playing, so can't pinpoint the exact house though...
Plankton555 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 12:58   #3
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Ambient sounds: The wind turbines have none. They are pretty loud irl, but I also think it could give this map a real nice atmosphere. And the thunder comes almost instant after the flash, not sure if you want it this way but maybe a slight delay on the sound, would improve the ambience alot.

Lastly, I think the water in "pond" is too transparent. That is all

Another real good map.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 15:12   #4
Chip0
Supporting Member

the buildings in H9-H10 have a small invisible wall (impenetrable to bullets) near the edges

the profile of the basement goes up to the roof

I died 2 times shooting from this position, near the balcony

Chip0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 00:20   #5
Acecombatzer0

With this game being released in the standalone I suggest the thread title should change to reflect that...

I just want to point out the very odd asset choices with the trans choppers and the AAV

The Trans helos have a 10 min spawn timer (too long imo, should be 5-7 minutes), and they get a timer delay for the RU faction.

Also the Russians get a Gopher AAV, whose sole purpose is to shoot down only two trans helicopters. Kinda of a waste of an asset and makes the French faction an even more frustrating experience.

The AAV should only make an appearance on maps that have a dedicated CAS aircraft on the opposing side.

tl:dr remove spawn delay for Mi-8 and get rid of the AAV
Acecombatzer0 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-01, 02:21   #6
PricelineNegotiator
Banned

This map is pretty fun so far. I didn't notice anything odd so far, but Ace raises good points. AAV is a bit much to squad off against only transports. Maybe replace it with a trans BRDM or 12.7 MTLB?
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 04:03   #7
Brozef
Default Re: Nuijamaa

This map needs to be all INF, if you insist on some kind of asset then do 2 BTR 60 vs 2 French light APC whatever its called. So far every round I have played the assets dominate too much from the thermals, which is really a shame because this map has huge potential for infantry play.
Brozef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 05:20   #8
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
This map needs to be all INF, if you insist on some kind of asset then do 2 BTR 60 vs 2 French light APC whatever its called. So far every round I have played the assets dominate too much from the thermals, which is really a shame because this map has huge potential for infantry play.
Nothing on Russian side has thermals and the French have shitty APC.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 14:50   #9
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
There is an infantry layer, not sure why it is not being played. Next version will have tanks removed on large, light apcs added to standard and apc/ifv for alt.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-04, 15:55   #10
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Very nice map Rabbit, I love the small streams in the forests(so far I only found one but I hope there are more) They really add to detail and realism!

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rabbit View Post
There is an infantry layer, not sure why it is not being played. Next version will have tanks removed on large, light apcs added to standard and apc/ifv for alt.
Sometimes I get the feeling admins don't even know there are alt and inf layers.. They should study maps and layers more.
Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
map, nuijamaa, test