project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
17 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2010-10-19, 22:37   #1
jimbobjim

Default Weird disconnect problem

Hello all,

I am hoping to community can help me sort out a strange problem I have had with PR from the time I started playing V.0.86

Every time I connect to a server with VOIP enabled I am immediately dropped from the server with a simple "your connection to the server has been lost" message. The worst part is that when i get back to the server list, whichever server I was trying to get into is gone. Even If I restart the game it still doesn't show up (this is very annoying when I am trying to join a server a friend is in and I have to tell him, "sorry I cant see that server anymore, quit and lets find another one"

BUT, if I disable VOIP I can join a server, hit escape, enable VOIP and play all day loading new maps. This problem has plagued me through multiple versions of PR on three different computers and it is through i great deal of trial and error that I have decided it is the VOIP that is at fault. The only constant during that time has been my router.

So, can anyone tell me why this problem occurs. Why the server disappears from the list after the disconnect? Any help would be much appreciated

(I use mumble too so please don't suggest that as a fix)
jimbobjim is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 16:13   #2
SnipingCoward
Default Re: Weird disconnect problem

This problem is probably caused by a feature of the router to detect "DOS"-Attacks (Denial of Service).
If there is too much traffic coming from one source the router assumes that the source is trying something funny.

Disable DOS-Prevention/Detection
Disable router firewall for testing purposes
Check the router logs

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f37...n-players.html
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
disconnect, problem, weird, wierd