project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2008-02-01, 18:08   #1
SnipingCoward
Default belkin router / connection problem / voip / multiple lan players

We had 2 ppl with a belkin router getting the "There is a problem with your connection" message (ping suddenly steps up to 2500). Then dropping from the server.

Belkin routers seem to see all the Voip and BF2 packages incoming as an intrusion (-> "intrusion detection") or DOS-Attacks (Denial Of Service)

this happens especially if there is a lot of traffic incoming (2 ppl in the lan playing bf at the same time, lot of chatter via voip)

if you have such a router and experience the above problem you might want to check the router's logs for "**UDP Flood to Host**" or similar warnings

here is what you can do:
1. turn off router's intrusion detection
2. turn off router's firewall
3. get a new router
4. turn off voip (to reduce traffic)

reference links:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27...tml#post593962

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f26...on-issues.html
Old 2008-02-08, 06:58   #2
SnipingCoward

it is confirmed to happen with USR / USRobotics routers as well
Old 2008-06-22, 19:43   #3
Bilko
Default Re: belkin router / connection problem / voip / multiple lan players

You are a god, this should be stickied as a solution rather than the daft ESC 'solution' which didn't work.

I have many UDP warnings in my log from this game. Shame all routers are different, so it's hard to find how to disable this.

EDIT:

This worked for me, I was getting the "**UDP Flood to Host**" in my security log and I disabled my firewall in the router. Joined a 55 player server, thanks so much!

Jim
Last edited by Bilko; 2008-06-22 at 19:54..
Old 2008-06-22, 20:32   #4
SuperArmy

Default Re: belkin router / connection problem / voip / multiple lan players

i got a belkin > First thing is to try and upadte it by going to 192.168.2.1

or go to the belkin website and look for an update for ur router ( do both cos 1 of them lie! )

then call India up if that does not work and try and listen to the quietest phone line in the world. listen to what they tell u to do for 30mis. realise u gone around in circles. they say they will call u bk in 24hrs. ( mean while restart ur PC / system restore to get ur internet conenction bk - cos they F**k it up grrrr )

then wait for the call by a more senior guy that has the same info in front of hima s the last guy u spoke to just its got a few more words next to it. Waste another 30 mins on the phone to them and then. they may tell u to call ur ISP up. If they do SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL

o dear not good. any1 else have problems like this with belkin????

Tags
belkin, connection, lan, multiple, players, problem, router, voip