project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
25 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-10, 09:01   #1
QCRulzz
Default Re-introducing training?

I searched for it and have not found anything, I'll ask.

Could we consider bringing back training mode from the dead? The coop settings are messed up, jets are turning way too hard, just is wrong.

And to be honest, most of the players are switching sides and just bomb the main over and over again.

I do believe training was a better way to practice pretty much everything.
Old 2010-03-10, 09:08   #2
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Re-introducing training?

the jets etc turn had because the Bots don't understand it otherwise, though I was under the impression taht vehicles in the human configuration were avaliable, I certainly know there are APCs that are 2 player instead of 1 in order to practice driver/gunner skills.

Old 2010-03-10, 09:19   #3
Cheditor

You complain about players bombing main over and over but that always happened in training. Generally most training servers you didn't really train you either tried to fly and get bombed on runway, raped by aa or people would just drop bombs onto mec vehicle training.
Old 2010-03-10, 09:41   #4
ballard_44
Retired PR Developer

Unfortunately, Coop was proclaimed as the new 'training' mode, but in a way that was false advertising.

Hell, you could use Coop to train in previous versions, too, you just had to DL and install the add on.

So this isn't a new thing in all honesty.

The biggest issue are air vehicles.
Bots can't fly the MP versions, so bot friendly versions exist.

This causes a conflict.
On Kashan, (and some other maps) you can find MP versions if you truly want to learn to fly the right way.

I'll say that we are looking into changes, but they won't happen with the next fix.

Another issue is all the Coop servers I have played have humans on Blufor and bots on Opfor.
32 humans versus 32 bots is no contest. Especially on maps where heavy vehicles are involved.

And almost all servers i have played will kick you if you try and play the 'other' side.
Found this out after I pillaged the US on Muttrah

Also noticed they set the AI difficulty level pretty low.

I'm not going to tell servers how to run their sh*t, but it makes for some boring matches.

In general, however, 95% of the stuff in Coop is perfectly fine for 'training'.

So QCRulzz, it is what it is for now.

Pretty sure there is one (or maybe a couple) MP servers that have created a 'training' mode. Check them out.

Old 2010-03-10, 11:10   #5
QCRulzz

Thanks for the quick answer Ballard, that was much appreciated!

And yes Rudd, I noticed that
Old 2010-03-10, 14:13   #6
Hans Martin Slayer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
And almost all servers i have played will kick you if you try and play the 'other' side.
Found this out after I pillaged the US on Muttrah
Hehe, I've been there as well.

Yeah guys, like Ballard said - the problem is known to us and we're working on improvements.
Old 2010-03-31, 16:22   #7
Dev1200

So why don't we just make a training-oriented map? Some sort of "boot camp".

Basically make all the vehicles like they would be in multiplayer, have an airfield, target range, etc.

Make some trails to practice driving, maybe code in all the requestable kits in some sort of "armory" so you could practice with all the weapons.

Have the AI spawn on a target range and have them move at different speeds. Some standing still, some walking, some sprinting, etc.

You could also make a mock MOUT course, where players could spawn in and practice CQB and urban combat.

Right now in PR you either learn by playing a game, or you learn by killing bots. However there's no laid back "Training/practicing" environment. The lack of a "tutorial/training" element in PR is why so many people aren't getting the game. They need to practice. Sure, some people could practice by playing online, but it would be impressive to have a built-in training grounds.
Old 2010-03-31, 16:36   #8
maarit
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
So why don't we just make a training-oriented map? Some sort of "boot camp".

Basically make all the vehicles like they would be in multiplayer, have an airfield, target range, etc.

Make some trails to practice driving, maybe code in all the requestable kits in some sort of "armory" so you could practice with all the weapons.

Have the AI spawn on a target range and have them move at different speeds. Some standing still, some walking, some sprinting, etc.

You could also make a mock MOUT course, where players could spawn in and practice CQB and urban combat.

Right now in PR you either learn by playing a game, or you learn by killing bots. However there's no laid back "Training/practicing" environment. The lack of a "tutorial/training" element in PR is why so many people aren't getting the game. They need to practice. Sure, some people could practice by playing online, but it would be impressive to have a built-in training grounds.
yeah that would be nice.
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f35...s-4km-wip.html
Old 2010-05-18, 18:33   #9
WCCBadploy

This Mod lends itself to Team work. If the basis of game play is to improve this, then COOP/Training is very valid.

Most servers set up to play these modes do not promote team work. They are in it for the Bot bashing and asset investigation.

They have inconsistent admins and promote no defined policy on game play.

There are a few that do have solid and valid team play rules that are strictly enforced by active admins. They are usually the ones at the top of the server list.

Oh, and on these, the bots are ramped up big time.

However you wish to spin it, the COOP Mode particularly, is of great benefit for improving direct team gameplay.

Kudos to all those that visit those top servers and know what I am talking about!!!
Old 2010-05-18, 22:59   #10
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

I'd like to see the bot planes get a re-skin, or at least an identifyable mark. I've tried to fly and it takes a few bail outs, or crashes till you find a MP one.
Closed Thread

Tags
reintroducing, training