project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-09, 11:47   #1
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default [WIP] Syrian Community mod - need help

designplan: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...UE&output=html

STILL LOOKING FOR 3D ARTISTS!

Why do you want to do this?

We want to develop more OPFOR assets and weapons to balance out against all the new BLUFOR community factions.Hopfully this OPFOR can substantially alter the gameplay dynamic.

Secondly, the Syrian conflict is very actual and it is bound to go on for a long time at its current state. There has been other Arabic uprisings but the magnitude of the Syrian conflict makes us believe it's the biggest one with also the heaviest fighting. herefore making it the most interesting to portray with no intention to glorify its violence or favour one of the sides.

What is new?
The plans consist in creating a new faction, the Syrian Army (with its own set of skins, vehicles and weapons), making it the first conventional Arabic army with its own identity. We will also bring some additional weapons and vehicles to the MEC INS force to simulate the Syrian Free Army. We want to bring fresh stuff to the Insurgency by adding new weapons, technicals and above all new possible tactics that will broaden the gameplay horizons in INS and AAS gamemodes. For example, we want BLUFOR (Syrian Army) to be able to use CAS support without unbalancing the game, therefore giving the MEC INS more AA power then the Current weapon set allows.

What does it hold?
The design plan is ready and have gathered enough references to start on the execution. We also have a small team of people who will help us on finishing this project. If you want to know who they are (and for any other kind of information) please take a look at "Team" tab at the official website - link below.

Please do not look at this as just a skin pack for the MEC and INS forces as some of you might think. It is much more. Some stuff to watch for:

creating new vehicles (BMP-1, T-55, new technicals and trucks(AA,...)) creating new weapons (ZPU-1, AK-103, AKM, AUG) creating new maps (based on syrian cities, different look by adding new textures and statics). creating a small fictional conflict between Syria and Israel in the Golan Heights (a 4k map, full blown combined warfare) We are hoping that one day the completion of this project will be included in an official PR release.

What are you still looking for?
Right now, and for whoever is interested, we are looking for people to assist us on this project. Modellers, Texture artists, UV unwrapping experts, coders, animators and mappers are needed. If you don't have any experience that's fine, you can easily pick up on mapping and simple modeling (statics) by just learning it on the spot. So don't be scared to apply without experience. We are also looking for a translator to work with us (as we are making textures, as well as considering other plans).

You can apply for a job here on the website(contact page) or anywhere where you can find MineralWouter?(xfire: gamerspowers) or Arc_Shielder?.

Every help is needed. The more people apply, the faster we will bring the Syrian conflict, its new OPFOR content and additional dynamism to your screen.

Greetings, Mineral & his little team!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Mineral; 2014-01-03 at 12:17..
Old 2012-09-09, 13:22   #2
SShadowFox
Default Re: [WIP] Syrian Community mod - need help

Awesome, I'm up for mapping if you want, although I have another map going on I can hold 2 or more.

Cheers, SShad.
Old 2012-09-09, 13:35   #3
Wakain

Really love this, ever since Libya I was hoping for a redefined look on the insurgents and I've always wanted a realistic portrayal of specific Arab nations.

My modding skills, and time, are limited. However, if you need anything translated/written in Arabic I can help you out.

Looking forward to the design plan, also of whom does your dev team consist?

Good luck!
Old 2012-09-09, 13:36   #4
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well it sure is interesting. Your story sounds promising, so keep us posted about your progress .

Old 2012-09-09, 13:45   #5
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

will do AD, I might help for some assistance once in a while tho, but we'll use indiviudual modding threads then like we are supposed to.
And some stuff is also already created by the USI mod I believe (T-55, ZSU). Might be worth having a chat with them I suppose? Do they still have active people to contact?

Old 2012-09-09, 13:55   #6
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Only [R-DEV]Guedoe, he's quite active usually.

Old 2012-09-09, 14:02   #7
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakain View Post
Really love this, ever since Libya I was hoping for a redefined look on the insurgents and I've always wanted a realistic portrayal of specific Arab nations.

My modding skills, and time, are limited. However, if you need anything translated/written in Arabic I can help you out.

Looking forward to the design plan, also of whom does your dev team consist?

Good luck!
Syrian Uprising - Team
or
Syrian Uprising - Team

Since the announcement until now, there has been at least 6 more volunteers not included in that list.

To everyone that is interested please register in the website and then go the Important - First Meeting thread and mention what job you're interested in. On the 11th we will have a Teamspeak meeting for organizational details. Sign up while you can!

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2012-09-09 at 14:28..
Old 2012-09-09, 14:34   #8
rushn
Supporting Member

none of the links work for me for some reason

mind just writing the team list in here?
Old 2012-09-09, 14:34   #9
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Sounds interesting, but we have some of those vehicles and weapons, so I wouldn't worry about the AKM, BMP1, and the technicals that much.

Old 2012-09-09, 14:46   #10
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]rushn View Post
none of the links work for me for some reason

mind just writing the team list in here?
Keep trying, it gets a bit whacko and sometimes having the www. or not seems to make the difference.

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2012-09-09 at 14:52..
Closed Thread

Tags
community, mod, syrian, wip