project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-04-10, 06:09   #1
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Exclamation PR:BF2 - Falklands Design Plan (outdated)

Please note this design plan is very WIP and anything in it is subject to change at any point. Please also note that there are different tabs containing different assets.

If anyone wants to take on one of the tasks above please let me know by either PM or posting in this topic to first confirm that the task is open and needs to be done, + for me to provide you with more refs and info on what needs to be done. Also if anyone wants to help out but is unsure on what area, please let me know so I can help you finding the right task for you

Also if any of you have any suggestions about an asset please post in the PRF suggestion forums: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f563-pr-f-suggestions
If you think something is incorrect in the design plan please post below.

I'm really hoping that you, the community are going to help chip in to making this a reality and even eventually fully taking this project over so I feel its best to be open with what we are planning from the start.

Cheers!

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-04-10 at 06:14..
Old 2012-04-11, 00:22   #2
Rodrijandro
Default Re: PR:BF2 - Falklands Design Plan

Look here maybe you can use some of this

Argentinean Forces Design Plan
Old 2012-04-11, 19:51   #3
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I went through those design plans, this is what PR:F needs and Aregntinian mod seems to have:

Mirage III (version not specified)
A4Skyhawk (skin needed)
Huey - they have reskined it
LPVT7 - qiute confused here, as it reads M113 .50cal/ (VAO) LPTV7, which are two different vehicles, and it has one progress status (it says model and skin is done).

Of course who knows what quality those models are, but it might help alot.

Old 2012-04-11, 21:18   #4
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky.BOY View Post
I went through those design plans, this is what PR:F needs and Aregntinian mod seems to have:

Mirage III (version not specified)
A4Skyhawk (skin needed)
Huey - they have reskined it
LPVT7 - qiute confused here, as it reads M113 .50cal/ (VAO) LPTV7, which are two different vehicles, and it has one progress status (it says model and skin is done).

Of course who knows what quality those models are, but it might help alot.
You might want to check the %ages, source boxes and notes on thous items in my design plan, as for most of that, I already have them, and basically the same models

As for the Huey, think they reskinned the uh1n, where I'm planning on using one a bit closer to the uh-1h.

Mirage III skin if there might be useful if good enough quality thou.

Old 2012-04-12, 17:16   #5
Robert-The-Bruce

As far as I remember the blowpipe was mclos guided, so the stinger/sa7 isn't really apropriate unless you make them manually guided.

Also I pretty sure nobody used the M79 in that conflict, but if anything riflegrenades. I've seen them listed on Wikipedia as British kit during the conflict, but it seems a bit strange.

Think about giving the Medics an ALT with a proper rifle please. In such open terrain I find it weird to restrict the Medic to that choice of weapon.

WP Grenades: At least the British used them, don't know wether they had other Smoke grenades as well, but I would guess they did. That could be an option for many of the ALT kits as well, to have some offensive WP smoke.

Be aware that the Argentinian LVTP-7 did not have a Mk19!

Also I think the Argentinian Marines were actually gone by the time the british Task Force arrived, so there wouldn't have been any LVTP-7 on the islands anyway.

Just a few remarks from a genuinly unlikeable human beeing
Old 2012-04-12, 17:33   #6
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert-The-Bruce View Post
As far as I remember the blowpipe was mclos guided, so the stinger/sa7 isn't really apropriate unless you make them manually guided.
Ye, something we could look at into the future once a blowpipe model gets made but got sources that suggest both stinger and sa7 where both used, although both in low numbers and stinger only by SAS, but mainly just a place holder until blowpipe is modelled.

Quote:
Also I pretty sure nobody used the M79 in that conflict, but if anything riflegrenades. I've seen them listed on Wikipedia as British kit during the conflict, but it seems a bit strange.
Ye, what our MAs said too they couldn't confirm it was used, but was in the arsenal and best thing we've got for that use at the moment.

Quote:
Think about giving the Medics an ALT with a proper rifle please. In such open terrain I find it weird to restrict the Medic to that choice of weapon.
Ye, got sources that suggest medics back then mainly had SMGs and to keep them out of the combat abit in the same way medics in PR only get irons but might do an alt kit with normal rifle, see how it goes.

Quote:
WP Grenades: At least the British used them, don't know wether they had other Smoke grenades as well, but I would guess they did. That could be an option for many of the ALT kits as well, to have some offensive WP smoke.
Incendiaries which I take it your on about are mainly for gameplay reasons more than anything else, as without them, taking our deployable is next to impossible right now for an infantry squad.

Quote:
Be aware that the Argentinian LVTP-7 did not have a Mk19!
Cheers
Wasn't able to confirm that but it did look from the pics it didn't have one hehe

Quote:
Also I think the Argentinian Marines were actually gone by the time the british Task Force arrived, so there wouldn't have been any LVTP-7 on the islands anyway.
Ye, all the LVTP-7s left before the fighting started all my sources suggest, other than possibly one but I still have an idea for its use

Old 2012-04-13, 17:46   #7
Robert-The-Bruce

What I meant by the WP Grenades comment: Think about adding White Phosphorous smoke grenades. WP Grenades build up smoke almost instantly and set fire to combustible things(people amongst others), the smoke doesnt hang around as long as with the other smoke grenades though.

So you could then give many of the alternate versions of kits WP Smoke and keep the normal smoke as the default option, because as of now there are very few kits in which the alternate kits have a different loadout to the default ones.

Cheers I very much appreciate the effort you are putting in. I find this a very intersting war and am very happy that somebody is finaly tackling it in a game environment.

edit: actually I think I should've posted this in suggestions, sorry for cluttering things up.
Old 2012-04-22, 18:01   #8
VoodooActual

Hello there mate.

From what I've researched just now, the Argentines don't have a documented LAT/HAT kit, only says 90mm Recoilless Rifle, which as far as I could guess, means it's rifled.

As an idea, I'll try and search a mass produced generic recoiless rifle of the time, and you could do what the insurgents have (IE, same weapon, but a normal (LAT) or a Tandem (HAT) warhead) but with 90mm shells.
Old 2012-04-24, 07:32   #9
ZondaX15

According to my quick googling, apparently rifle grenades were used, kinda like the M1 Garands with F1's on the end.

Can anyone back this up?
Old 2012-04-26, 13:56   #10
inlifex

I don't have sources to verify this but it seems that the Argentine army utilized the M18 Recoiless Rifle, they might have aquired it from Brazil who was producing it back then.

Tags
design, falklands, outdated, plan, prbf2