project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Coop & Singleplayer
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Coop & Singleplayer Suggestions and feedback pertaining to Project Reality Single Player.

Old 2021-09-19, 17:06   #1
Michael Z Freeman

Default Server Setup Guide for new Coop LAN files

Hi,

I don't know if I can just post a link or I'm supposed to put the guide in a post as I could not find the forum agreement. I can always reproduce the article here if necessary.

After checking out the new Coop LAN patch I thought I'd write a guide ...

Project Reality now includes LAN server files (since May 2021) & Server Setup Guide

Especially important for Coop and solo players as you will get better stability running a dedicated server. Thanks to the PR team for releasing the Coop server files
Michael Z Freeman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 13:58   #2
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator
Default Re: Server Setup Guide for new Coop LAN files

Thanks.
I think the background doesn't fit the text font/color, a bit hard to read.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-25, 09:56   #3
Michael Z Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Thanks.
I think the background doesn't fit the text font/color, a bit hard to read.
Cheers. Yes, I got a bit carried away with the web design
Old 2021-09-25, 17:41   #4
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Z Freeman View Post
Cheers. Yes, I got a bit carried away with the web design
That's some mighty fancy HTML/CSS there, man! I can well appreciate the work, ofc!

The theme looks pretty solid, and the links stand out.

If I could offer some constructive criticism, I would suggest a mostly transparent shadow box behind any area featuring text, just to give a 'block' to the text areas, perhaps even separate ones (for main content, and then for side bar content). I agree that the text seems a bit hard to read and the dates on sidebar nearly invisible, but I wouldn't change the theme or background texture because it does look good, just need to do something to fix the undesired outcome of difficulty reading - and a large square mostly transparent black shadow box behind the text sections may look good, something maybe like this:

Code:
div.shadowbox {
    position: fixed;
    top: 20px;
    left: 20px;
    background-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4);
    padding: 20px;
}
Also, after that, look at the glow in your links, and if it doesn't look good on the shadow box, you might consider lessening the effect a bit or use a more muted color for the glow. As it is, the glow is a bit much... IMHO 'less is more', subtlety can be better. Up to you.

Unsolicited advice, feel free to take it or leave it - wouldn't criticize unless I liked it and wanted to offer ideas. Cheers!

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-02, 10:17   #5
Michael Z Freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemlerPDX View Post
That's some mighty fancy HTML/CSS there, man! I can well appreciate the work, ofc!

The theme looks pretty solid, and the links stand out.

If I could offer some constructive criticism ...
Yes thanks. I could put darker boxes around and behind the text which is what your CSS showed. But I was trying to get away from that blocky look. It's still a work in progress
Old 2021-11-01, 08:50   #6
Le_Stinke

I figured out how to set the server up, but the bot count value in the serversettings.con doesn't seem to have any effect past 49 or 48 bots, I tried copypasting the whole thing over from your guide but I still only get about 24 per team, is there something else I need to do to get the game to run on larger bot counts? I tried aidefault.ai as it was referred to in some older guides but that one didn't do anything either.

Changing the ones in users/documents/projecteeality didn't seem to work either, is this even supposed to work anymore? I live in an area with really horrible internet so coop is unfortunately all I have at this point in time, crusty as it is, I figured playing defense might actually be fun if I could increase the amount of bots present even by just a squad or two.
Le_Stinke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-01, 18:38   #7
SemlerPDX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le_Stinke View Post
I figured out how to set the server up, but the bot count value in the serversettings.con doesn't seem to have any effect past 49 or 48 bots, I tried copypasting the whole thing over from your guide but I still only get about 24 per team, is there something else I need to do to get the game to run on larger bot counts? I tried aidefault.ai as it was referred to in some older guides but that one didn't do anything either.

Changing the ones in users/documents/projecteeality didn't seem to work either, is this even supposed to work anymore? I live in an area with really horrible internet so coop is unfortunately all I have at this point in time, crusty as it is, I figured playing defense might actually be fun if I could increase the amount of bots present even by just a squad or two.
Bot count is "total" -- iirc 48 is max, but wouldn't mind being corrected. You then set the ratio of how many of those total bots are on each side. I'm at all not sure if COOP missions can have more than 48 total bots.

SemlerPDX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-27, 18:13   #8
LordAgorath863

The link doesn't work, I'm trying to make a dedicated lan coop server for singleplayer use. I got the map to change but I Don't know how to change Its Game mode, Can someone please help?

Edit: Nevermind, I Needed to Place a COOP Map...
Last edited by LordAgorath863; 2024-06-27 at 18:23.. Reason: Found Out What I Needed