project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2024-08-09, 09:49   #21
waldov

Default Re: Instant deafness when wounded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi View Post
I don't quite get this argument or why this is wrong, IMO If someone was distant enough for his squadmates to not know what killed him, why should they verbally know at all? You have smoke grenades, supressive fire, binoculars and dragging to succesfully take someone out of a dangerous area and revive them, use those tools, questions like "Is it safe to revive? Where did it come from?" should be assesed by the squadmates, not someone who's killed
100% this.

Arguments against any deafness at all because it makes reviving harder/hinders teamwork are pretty flimsy.

On the contrary it encourages teamwork. You actually need to approach dangerous situations where people are going down in a thought out, coordinated manner, instead of relying on the previous "human listening posts" that wounded players used to be.

This goes both ways as well. You can now ambush enemies and hold good firing positions without it being given up to the enemy by fallen enemies telling their team mates the moment you're moving, reloading, healing etc.

The concept is definitely an improvement to both gameplay and realism. The only issue is simply one of not hurting immersion and fun in the process too severely ie. the abrupt/disorientating deafness currently experienced.
waldov is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-10, 21:42   #22
[R-CON]​PotatoLord
PR:BF2 Contributor

I exclusively play squad leader and it hasn't really hampered my ability to SL, most of the time you can still tell what killed you if it happened up close. I think it's a good change to (partially) eliminate the wounded from calling out people's locations, that's always been super gamey.
PotatoLord is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-11, 07:26   #23
[R-CON]​Multi
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoLord View Post
most of the time you can still tell what killed you if it happened up close.
Yeah, not to mention most kills are usually 2 shots, not even counting the ones they miss, which is honestly plenty of information to call out locations even when you die

If a enemy manages to kill you with one shot, it's probably because it was a sniper, or they landed a headshot, either way, you don't deserve to know the location imo lol
Multi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-11, 19:39   #24
GRNANDGLD
Supporting Member

Doesnt help on the COOP side..Actually gives the bots a boost. Maybe a black screen instead of deafening or at least let me knife you dead while your wounded. You could report that to your SL on respawn.
GRNANDGLD is offline Reply With Quote