project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
15 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old Today, 09:24   #1
Usithed
Default Project Reality BF2 on Ubuntu

Project Reality is a standalone mod for Battlefield 2. It's the predecessor to Squad and also works with mumble for in-game voice chat.

I'm trying to get Project Reality to run on wine, but its not fairing out very well. I've tried multiple times, however there's a bunch of stuff I may be missing. Project Reality also relies on mumble for voice chat, and I don't think anyone has gotten it to work on Linux yet.

I've checked on YouTube and the PR Forums, but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated, whether it be trying it another way, installing some solution to help, or something else. However, I'm not sure if there's a solution for this one.
Usithed is offline Reply With Quote
Old Today, 17:00   #2
[R-COM]bad_nade
Support Technician
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality BF2 on Ubuntu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usithed View Post
Project Reality is a standalone mod for Battlefield 2. It's the predecessor to Squad and also works with mumble for in-game voice chat.

I'm trying to get Project Reality to run on wine, but its not fairing out very well. I've tried multiple times, however there's a bunch of stuff I may be missing. Project Reality also relies on mumble for voice chat, and I don't think anyone has gotten it to work on Linux yet.

I've checked on YouTube and the PR Forums, but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated, whether it be trying it another way, installing some solution to help, or something else. However, I'm not sure if there's a solution for this one.
Currently no development or tech support effort are made to make PR run on Linux/wine. It's hard enough to keep it running even on Windows. I've seen a couple chat messages saying they managed to get (assumed) singe player PR working on Linux. We are not aware of any successful online capable installs on anything else than Windows.
bad_nade is offline Reply With Quote