project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
16 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2022-07-11, 15:52   #1
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

Post Bayonets?

Both factions during the war had Bayonets on their FALs and one of the last bayonet charges in history (so far) was made during the falklands on Mt. Tumbledown. is there any plans on implementing a mounted bayonet for the FALs? using the M9 knife always kinda took me a bit out of the experience when everyone is carrying battlerifles that have quite the reach if they had mounted bayonets
ismaelassassin is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-11, 22:13   #2
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Bayonets?

Bayonets haven't been a priority since they take a lot of work for little gain, mainly with the extra animation work required and in r/l, most rifles can be fired with a bayonet fixed however ingame, this isn't possible so a knife is pretty much just the same thing. If anyone wanted to put the effort into making proper FN FAL bayonets (IIRC the L1A1 and FM FAL have different bayonets also?) and doing the animation work behind them etc, then we would love to put them ingame, just not worth the effort when there are bigger fish to fry.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 22:54   #3
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
Bayonets haven't been a priority since they take a lot of work for little gain, mainly with the extra animation work required and in r/l, most rifles can be fired with a bayonet fixed however ingame, this isn't possible so a knife is pretty much just the same thing. If anyone wanted to put the effort into making proper FN FAL bayonets (IIRC the L1A1 and FM FAL have different bayonets also?) and doing the animation work behind them etc, then we would love to put them ingame, just not worth the effort when there are bigger fish to fry.
I know you all can break the bayonet code and get us it within 10 years or less. Like for example, work arounds. The medic slinging his rifle across chest to drag. Never had it before, you all put that there looks cool. Would like that for using anything else in the kit for the rifle to sling if the animation could be applied.

Now conceptually for bayonets example, say if for the bayonet fixed you added a forward firing animation activated by the middle/right mouse button. At first the animation does nothing, but could it be made to fire bullets out of the mag, let it be reloadable then still function with the bayonet thrust? Under the function of 1 weapon slot key? Connect it to 1 and 3?

Can't really say how you will work your magic in the end as I don't know the coding situation, but you will get there as a team. Like I seen Free Fall Gaming make a good invisible fast rope, a few fixes to get everyone on a single rope you can actually see that collides with every object like the normal rope.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-05, 01:15   #4
[R-DEV]​Arab
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

I would love to successfully try getting bayonet charging up done with right mouse button.

Would need to try it out.

Rambling:
Engine has the Single Fire Component which shoots the invisible projectile, while a Thrown Fire Component throws an explosive like a grenade or other timed/triggered explosive.

For this to work, a separate weapon, animation file would need to be made for each bayonet type and then the weapon added to the main bayonet.

This idea will only work with a Thrown Fire Component using invisible projectile but I need to test it out in COOP to see if it damages a bot, then if successful - splice up the bayonet animation and then test it out.
Timing would need to be figured out.

Arab is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-07, 10:52   #5
TommyFederal

would like to see British INF charging me out of no where if this was added lol
TommyFederal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 19:48   #6
[R-COM]ismaelassassin
Chilean Forces 1978 Faction Lead

I just really like bayonets