project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
16 Jul 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2024-06-22, 10:18   #1
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Public Testing of CnC Rework

Hello,
this thread servers the purpose of feedback for all public tests of the new CnC rework. The gamemode has been reworked in an attempt to make it better for public gameplay. I have offered servers to test it in events. If those events prove successful we might get this rework to replace the current one in the game.
ITS NOT IN THE BASE GAME RIGHT NOW

Here is how the rework works:
- Build a FOB
- After the FOB has been enabled (= spawnable) once, a reveal timer (=2min) is started
- When the timer runs out, Attack and Defend markers are added to the FOBs
- If the game has not reached 10 minutes yet, the markers are delayed until then
- Attack marker is inaccurate for the attackers, up to 2 keypads off on each axis
- The FOB makes the enemies bleed while it is enabled (= spawnable)
- A FOB that was revealed and is removed entirely results in a ticket penalty of 30 tickets
- Demolishing a fob does not yield a ticket penalty if it does not disappear entirely
- Removing a FOB before it was revealed (eg. to place it better) does not yield a ticket penalty
- The closer the FOB is to the center of the map, the stronger the ticket bleed
- If its within center radius of map-size/4 (eg. within radius 1k on a 4k map) the bleed modifier is maximized [see inner circle in image below]
- Fobs outside this radius have their bleed modifier scale down linearly, as not to add any "invisible lines" for better for placement [between the circles in image below]
- Bleed modifier is actually smaller than 1 if its outside of the radius map-size/2 (only possible in the corners of the map) [see outer circle in image below]
- You can build multiple FOBs per team. If team A has 3 fobs and team B has 2 fobs, then the bleed of the one with the lesser fobs (= team B) is multiplied by the fraction of the numbers (= 2/3).

Bleed circles example as explained above (again: the circles scale with map size):

Screenshots:

Thats it! Let me know what you think and please also relay whether or not you have been part of such a public test. Thank you!

Last edited by CAS_ual_TY; 2024-07-03 at 17:31..
Old 2024-06-22, 23:39   #2
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member

Default Re: Public Testing of CnC Rework

Event on U777, 19:00 PRT, 20th of July 2024: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=154280

Last edited by CAS_ual_TY; 2024-07-09 at 09:54..
Old 2024-07-03, 17:32   #3
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member

Updated info to mention multiple FOBs being possible now.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-03, 20:02   #4
CG-Delta
Supporting Member

I've played PR since 2008 and I believe I've played CnC two times in that time. So I have a theory that the far majority of people who never vote CnC have never played it. I also think most of those who speak badly of it to newer players asking about it, also haven't played it, not knowing what they are talking about.
I for one, despite playing for 16 years, can say that I'm unqualified to say that the game-mode is in need of improvement or otherwise, or whether I like it. Some vote to see something new, most are urged against new.

So kudos for bringing it to light. A shame it is advertised as clan wars though. The new settings are probably unnecessary as the Manual's 7 lines of text, were never under critique during my (remembered) CnC play, as they weren't bothered to be read. (people didn't know what the game mode was about, and started disliking it already by that fact. ...answers to questions fell on deaf ears...)
But the new settings may work as rebranding, changing the thought "CnC bad" to "CnC playable again?" (narrative).
Specific critique: Removing the 1-FOB limit, so you can place, what 6 FOBs was a poor choice IMO. Gives me images of BF2 where every squad just go to what is the least contested of the 6 flags. Corrections 2x6 flags. That doesn't exactly promote a cohesive team, if they want to win, that is.
CG-Delta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-04, 11:46   #5
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member

As an ex community leader and server admin: CNC is not in a state where it is pub-playable right now. Thats the reason why it is played soo rarely.
There has been an ongoing discussion about it here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=153751

There are multiple reasons why I decided to test multiple FOBs for now in the initial play tests:
- PR has some "Axioms" that players expect. One of them being 6 FOBs are placable on a given map. Changing this for a specific gamemode is not good.
- The primary goal is to make it pub playable. Now imagine some rando squad just building a FOB somewhere after the entire team already decided to build it somewhere else (but randos where faster).
- FOBs are your spawn points. More spawn points = better.
- Team cohesion doesnt get lost just because you can build multiple FOBs. You dont have to build multiple fobs if you take out the enemey FOBs quickly enough. Since you split up your defenses per FOB this because a balancing act which goes very deep especially on organised play.

And yes: The goal is also to make a rebranding. Not only to players, but also to admins who are the ones who chose the map and gamemode in the end.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-07, 12:19   #6
Wicca
Supporting Member

IMMA SIGN UP, where is the sign up button

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote