project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Maps
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2024-08-23, 19:08   #1
dcm1
Default Krivaja Valley

Krivaja Valley is my favorite map of the update. Most beautiful looking map in PR, since forever. But the assets relationships are poorly thought out and not well balanced. Especially for blufor.

Standard

Militia has much more firepower than Russia does. Militia assets can kill most everything that Russia has, but the inverse is not true. Delaying asset spawns does not alleviate much.

The militants have two(possibly three) powerhouse vehicles; The BMP-1 and the T72A, which can both rival the russian T72B1 and sweep everything else the russians have. The militia ZU-23 truck can also kill a russian tank but it's rare. The russians only have one powerhouse asset, their tank. All other assets are inferior.

The russian BTR60PB and the militia BRDM-1 feels like they're supposed to be rivals, armed with the same guns. But the BRDM is superior, because not only is it more mobile, it is a smaller target too. The BTR can carry passengers but that's more of a liability if anything. The BTR does kill the BRDM faster, but not by much. The BTR is a much larger target, and the BRDM can get out of bad situations alot faster. The BTR also has problems dealing with the BMP-1, and cant do shit against a tank.

The russian MTLBs both .30 cal and .50 cal are severely underpowered. More so the .30 cal. The .50 cal can hold it's own against the BRDM. But more often than not the BRDM wins. it can get a win against the BMP from the rear but again it's rare. The .30 cal MTLB is a death trap. But I do like it, because it's primary purpose is to kill infantry, not vehicles. And it can theoretically kill a BRDM, but it's rare.

The militia have two UAZ jeeps that can drop repairs. Why? When the amount of URAL trucks is the same for both teams? Feels like even more of an unfair advantage for the militants.

The ZU-23 truck feels like it's unnecessary for the map. Only giving the militia a fourth armed vehicle. Feels like it has no purpose, nothing to counter.

I dont believe that all militia assets should be nerfed. I believe that russian assets should be buffed.

1. Replace the Militia T72 with a T62.

2. Replace the MTLB-VMK aka the .50 cal MTLB with a proper BMP-2. Not the ATGM variant. So the russians have something that can go toe-to-toe with the militia's BMP-1. But let the militia retain their ATGM missile to compensate for the tank nerf.

3. Give the russians a transport chopper so the militia's AAV has something to do, something to focus on. Other than harass infantry and wait in ambush for unsuspecting ground vehicles.

4. Replace the UAZ logistics with standard UAZs with DSHKs. Correspondingly add a second .30 cal MTLB. So the UAZs and MTLBs can rival each other. The MTLB can kill a UAZ and vice-versa pretty effectively. One has more armor and the other has a better gun.

5. Scrap the BTR and BRDM. That's very hard for me to say, as I love both. But they're no longer needed.

The firepower advantage would be more evened out. Russians would have overall more firepower at the top and better troop transport ability. And militia would have a higher minimum level of firepower.
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-23, 19:27   #2
dcm1
Default Re: Krivaja Valley

Alternative

The French are cooked on this layer. What good are three VABs up against two BRDMs, a BMP and an AAV truck? The french tank, the AMX10RC, is inferior to the T72, it's also weak to .50 cal. I've killed one with an the AAV truck before.

Fortunately this layer is easy to fix.

1. Add a Leclerc Tank to go up against the T72.

2. Retain the AMX10RC to counter the BMP-1(similar to masirah).

3. Add a fourth Vab and give them all 10 minute respawns.

4. Retain the two BRDMs and AAV truck as is.

The french will have more assets. But the militia will have stronger assets.
Old 2024-08-23, 19:46   #3
dcm1

Large

The French are truly fucked on this layer. All the problems of the previous layer and cas problems on top too. French armor suffers much the same as on the Alt layer. The Gazelle is inferior to the Hind. The BRDM and BTR, mog the VABs. Only the MTLB VMK is somewhat balanced, but the Vab's gunner can always be shot out. Again the AMX10 is inferior to the T72 and can be killed by every single russian asset. This not an easy layer to fix, without treading on previous ground.

I believe the french should be replaced on this layer with another team. Because the french dont have the assets in game to rival the russians. It is not possible retain the French vs Russia vs Militia triangle you got going here.

I believe that the iron sight US marines team should replace the french. They may feel out of place. But it's a better option, seeing as they have all the corresponding assets.
Old 2024-08-23, 19:53   #4
dcm1

Infantry

Why is there no infantry layer? This map is perfect for infantry combat. You really dont need that many assets. Maybe just a few trucks, logis and jeeps. And there's an idea that's been brewing in my head since the last patch.

Militia vs Chechens!

Not only do both teams have the same kits and assets. So balance wont be a problem. But I'm surprised they haven't gone up against each other already. I know that it's 'unrealistic' but who cares when it's fun. It doesn't matter what assets you give to one team or the other. As they can be very easily mirrored.

Kafr Halab Insurgency is my favorite map in the game. Imagine this being the next kafr? It terrorizes some. But excites me!
Old 2024-08-24, 06:50   #5
puffkiller

Never let the militia engage in combat with Chechnya, as it could result in serious friendly casualties. They look too alike, identical in every aspect.
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-24, 07:05   #6
puffkiller

A complete infantry layer is acceptable, and France should replace the infantry layer. Cancel heavy vehicles and air force. Currently, there is indeed an imbalance in France.
puffkiller is offline Reply With Quote