project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2024-08-28, 02:08   #1
dcm1
Default Cant defuse mines anymore

Did you guys remove the ability to defuse mines? I was trying to defuse mines around an spg techie for a good minute but whatever I did I just couldn't find the right spot to start defusing. Somebody told me its no longer possible to defuse any sort of mines with combat engy kit. Is that true?
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-31, 12:24   #2
Grump/Gump.45
Default Re: Cant defuse mines anymore

In my experience, sometimes it just doesn't give the removal status indicator bar like you get with claymores using a shovel. I just wave the combat engi bag over them till they are gone while holding left click, IDK which spot. Maybe since the update something happened because they made the mines go above ground again.

Make video, report it as a bug.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-01, 04:24   #3
Sapper28
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcm1 View Post
Did you guys remove the ability to defuse mines? I was trying to defuse mines around an spg techie for a good minute but whatever I did I just couldn't find the right spot to start defusing. Somebody told me its no longer possible to defuse any sort of mines with combat engy kit. Is that true?
The standard technique for defusing AT mines is with either a tyre or track. Maybe give that a go?

Edit: I just defused my own mine using engi in game (1.8.0.4)

Since 0.85 i think... too long ago

Last edited by Sapper28; 2024-09-01 at 06:20..
Old 2024-09-02, 01:45   #4
dcm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper28 View Post
The standard technique for defusing AT mines is with either a tyre or track. Maybe give that a go?

Edit: I just defused my own mine using engi in game (1.8.0.4)
I tried defusing enemy at mines and watercan ieds. No luck
dcm1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-02, 21:11   #5
SShadowFox

Considering there's no mention of any such changes in the changelog, it's probably a bug.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote