project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-14, 05:10   #1
eastcoasthandle
Lightbulb Health Indicator?

Please don't blast me if this was already said but it would be nice to have a health indicator. In real life you know how injured you are when wounded. When you bleed it would be nice to get some sort of notice that you’re bleeding that way you know what's going on. A statement saying, "You’re bleeding" would be nice. All I ask for is this level of realism in this game. At least until we can dismember ragdolls. However, in this game it's hard to tell when an injury is minor or major and its a guessing game.

You cannot always control your enviroment under warfare. Like the ole saying goes...when you tell your CO that the area is clear, make sure you tell the enemy... Meaning you are never 100% in control of any situation when in war and thinking like you are will get you killed. We need some sort of indicator to let us know of our health to make a more effective and realistic decission on the battlefield.

*Side Note*
I am not sure if this is possible but once you are down to your last 5 bars (for example) your vision should go blurry and your aim should wobble. Again, this might be an undertaking to mod but would add that nice touch to what is nearly perfection IMO.

The same goes for tanks and jets. All sort of bells and lights flash when the vehicle is damaged. If it's nothing more then a flashing blue to indicate light damage, flashing yellow to indicate moderate damage and flashing red to indicate server damage would be nice. As for jeeps and trucks well you take your chance with those.

Therefore, it would be nice to and this realism to the game
Last edited by eastcoasthandle; 2005-11-14 at 05:31..
Old 2005-11-14, 05:17   #2
eastcoasthandle

Please also note that a lot of players at different Forums really like your mod. Your hard work does not go in vain. They are only looking for a leader to give them some direction IMO.
Last edited by eastcoasthandle; 2005-11-14 at 05:30..
Old 2005-11-14, 05:19   #3
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Personally I like it without the healthindicator for the ingamecharacters.
It's simple really. Work in squads and keep your medic alive so that whenever you're shot or hurt get treated.
As it is today when your health drops below a certain point you start to bleed and your screen flashes red indicating severe injury.

For vehicles though I think there should be some visual ques to indicate its status.

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
BlakeJr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 08:55   #4
IRONxMortlock
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJr
For vehicles though I think there should be some visual ques to indicate its status.
There's smoke for vehicles.
IRONxMortlock is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 09:40   #5
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONxMortlock
There's smoke for vehicles.
So you're driving the vehicle, say a hummer, you're going hell bent for leather for that flag, or whatever. You don't see the smoke. What I am talking about is perhaps a cracked windshield, some bulletholes, a flashing red light on the dashboard... Smoke is great but doesn't really tell the driver anything because unless someone who can actually see the smoke tells the driver, he won't know it's smoking.

Just to have something that is there and not some makebelieve bar that tells me I can take x more shots before I have to repair or bail.
If at all possible....

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
BlakeJr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 14:40   #6
YoJimbO

Quote:
What I am talking about is perhaps a cracked windshield, some bulletholes, a flashing red light on the dashboard...
I agree with BlakeJr, some good suggestions

Would it be possible to change the performance of the vehicles according to their "health" status? Make them slower & noisier (i.e grinding gears etc) when they're badly damaged...
YoJimbO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 17:10   #7
dawdler

Quote:
So you're driving the vehicle, say a hummer, you're going hell bent for leather for that flag, or whatever. You don't see the smoke. What I am talking about is perhaps a cracked windshield, some bulletholes, a flashing red light on the dashboard... Smoke is great but doesn't really tell the driver anything because unless someone who can actually see the smoke tells the driver, he won't know it's smoking.

Just to have something that is there and not some makebelieve bar that tells me I can take x more shots before I have to repair or bail.
If at all possible....
Isnt there an amazingly simply answer to that? Just add more notible smoke to the engine block. So much it almost blocks you're vision
dawdler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 18:25   #8
GRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler
Isnt there an amazingly simply answer to that? Just add more notible smoke to the engine block. So much it almost blocks you're vision
Or similar, instead of increasing the effect, which can cause more system usage, just move it so it looks more realistic as well as fills the inside up slightly with smoke.

Good idea!
GRB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-14, 16:21   #9
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

the devs have already said that the health indicator is only taken out to be replaced by something more realistic. so it'll be back.

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-19, 20:21   #10
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

thank you for the comment, and welcome to the forums btw.

the bleeding effect is and experiment for now, so you might see it take longer to die later on. personally i do agree with you. it gets annoying some times. but we'll have to see what the devs do with it.

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
health, indicator