project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Old 2011-05-20, 06:04   #1
Reddeath
Default [Map] Benghazi (2km) [Concept]

Name: Benghazi (WIP).
Size: 2KM
Factions: Mec(OPFor) vs ____(Rebels)(BLUFor)(ARF?)
Gameplay Type: Mech Infantry, Armor

Higher Resolution Map:
http://imageshack.us/m/695/3715/benghaziconcept.jpg
Satellite Image of the City:
http://imageshack.us/m/221/9540/benghazisatelite.jpg
Last edited by Reddeath; 2011-05-26 at 01:31..
Old 2011-05-20, 06:18   #2
badmojo420
Supporting Member
Default Re: [Map] Liberation (2km) [WIP]

Your pic is too big.

Looks like it could be a good map. I suggest MEC vs Insurgents. No aircraft, but insurgents get jdam(s)

Any idea what the white parts are on the satellite photo?
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 06:42   #3
Reddeath

It should scale down if I am correct? It is big because its the same thing I use as a color map to base my roads/hills/water off of.

I originally intended on MEC vs Insurgents, however I wanted MEC to have 2 Main Battle Tanks, and the Rebels/Insurgents to have 1. This to represent the defective Libyan soldiers in the current day Libya. Insurgents obviously do not have Tanks. ARF would be the same thing as Insurgents weaponry wise, but with the organization and firepower of a more conventional force. I suppose I can make 2 versions of this, one AAS and the second Insurgency using insurgents of course, maybe representing the Gaddafi remaining in power and disposing of the rest of the rebels and their supplies.

I want MEC to have a JDAM because in reality they have been bombing the rebels, but rebels will not have a JDAM as they don't coordinate any of the UN's air strikes.

By satellite photo I assume you mean the the Google map's one and not my concept map, but I don't see any white spots on it =\ if you are talking about my map the docks are white.
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 17:02   #4
simeon5541

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post
It should scale down if I am correct? It is big because its the same thing I use as a color map to base my roads/hills/water off of.

I originally intended on MEC vs Insurgents, however I wanted MEC to have 2 Main Battle Tanks, and the Rebels/Insurgents to have 1. This to represent the defective Libyan soldiers in the current day Libya. Insurgents obviously do not have Tanks.
Few days ago I saw Rebels in tank on news,
I think that tank was T-55 or T-62.
simeon5541 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 14:38   #5
Ca6e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddeath View Post

I want MEC to have a JDAM because in reality they have been bombing the rebels, but rebels will not have a JDAM as they don't coordinate any of the UN's air strikes.
Are u sure, they have NATO planes in the sky. And probably they throw much more bombs then Gadafi loyalist, they maybe have artilery but their planes where down. ;D

I would like to see NATO helping insurgent with airplanes hehe insurgent + pimpmytechi + ariplanes against MEC with tanks, apc, AAV
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 06:55   #6
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

excelent map title

also it wouldnt be possible to have ARF for AAS and Insurgents for INS because this is somekind of bugged, you can have different teams but you cant change the voices

simply go with ARF would fit the best if you ask me

Amok@ndy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 07:00   #7
pfhatoa

The decision of which forces against which is far away anyway. It looks good anyway
pfhatoa is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 08:05   #8
Silly_Savage
Default Re: [Map] Liberation (2km) [Concept]

Awesome concept. Looking forward to any updates you may present.
Silly_Savage is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 16:53   #9
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Looking good.

Personally I would have "Benghazi" as the map title as while "Liberation" is somewhat cool, 90% of players will never realize the map is based on Benghazi which if they know that will make the map far more immersive as they will then immediately be able to connect the map's name with what has been happening on the news and that will really, really help the players immersion and as a result, gameplay. With this map title I think your shooting yourself in the foot tbh in terms of how immersive you can make this map.
Also the definition of "Liberation" is "The act of setting someone free from imprisonment, slavery, or oppression; release", which is a little odd when the MEC are on the offensive and the rebels are the people of the city. If it was the USMC attacking the MEC in an occupied city (such as Muttrah) then that would be an act of Liberation but this just isn't

I would seriously consider changing your map's name to Benghazi as I think it will help you and your map a lot

Anyways enough about the name, on to your map concept and its looking pretty good although I'm quite surprised in some areas how different your map concept is from the real city. With Muttrah I tried to keep everything as close as possible to the real life setup of muttrah with only exceptions where when something different needed to be done for gameplay, like making the port go less out to sea than the real one so it would be further away from the carrier etc (would have been in view of the carrier otherwise). On your map I see loads of vital bits missing or replaced with something that isn't there, such as in the SW corner you have quite a few vital roads and city blocks which your missing out which ye the water treatment plant is kinda cool, but it isn't there
There is another odd bit as up in the NE it looks like you have put in some sort of lake or something on your concept next to a road which on the satellite map is just some open ground which IMO would be much better for gameplay than a pond
Also do you plan on adding thous buildings, such as the stadium (stadium maybe a little tricky mind you, might be worth trying to request one to be made thou ) and the other buildings there where you have it marked off as park land, which I think it would be better putting what's there again for gameplay reasons too as visual and put something else in place of the stadium of you can't get one made but would be really cool if you could
I would personally keep the map as accurate as possible but its your call here, still pretty accruate thou

With your GPOs, I think the idea of the BluFor getting plenty of JDAMs is tbh a good idea. NATO is giving the rebels full support at the moment and it would surprise me if they have gave them radios to communicate with NATO to ask for bombing runs in areas even. There is even special forces on the ground in Libya directing air strikes, they could be in Benghazi too epically if they knew that there was a planned assault on the city (hard to miss)
We could even look into making a different type of requestable airstrike which was not as a big bomb as the JDAM but could be called in more often or something? Wouldn't be that hard to make tbh.

I also think you do need to focus the map on Infantry as with a urban map like this, Infantry are the key and vehicles are only support but they can't win a battle like this on there own so make sure your focus is on the infantry and not on the support which is something very easily done if your not careful

Also with this map being AAS, have you put any thought into flag positions and attack orders yet? Would be good if you can mark out your ideas on that

Other than that, sounds awesome! Keep up the good work and will be awesome to have this map in PR some day

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-20, 17:29   #10
Reddeath

On the Name portion of the information I put (WIP) to hopefully make it a point that the name itself is still WIP also, so it may be changed, originally I wanted to make it Benghazi, don't totally know why I decided to make the title Liberation but its still WIP, up for debate.

The Northeast corner blue on the map is the BLUFor FOB, in the actual city it is a compound, so it seems it would make a little more sense. I threw in the water treatment just as an additional point of interest I have been a little undecided on it as well, I want to utilize more of the map than just the city, but still have most of the action in the city, this being my first map I really don't know the limits of the engine so I cut out much of the outer area because I don't want to end up with a laggy cluttered mess =\ and most of the southwest roads were altered because they are a system of highways in reality that I just dont think can be done realistically here lol, talking a whole T highway intersection. If you think it can be done I will have to rethink my layout. An actual stadium static would be incredible but the team is short on modelers is it not?

I like your idea on the additional requestable, maybe some sort of requestable tomahawk on a 15-20min cooldown time? Bigger than a hellfire, smaller than a JDAM.

No attack plans or GPOs yet, as I don't quite feel like the concept map itself is finished.

Thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.
Reddeath is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, benghazi, concept, liberation, map, wip