project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-12, 13:44   #1
Barendz

Default disconnect on most servers

Ive just installed 0.4 this morning and when I tried to join a server it loaded perfectly but when I selected join game and came ingame it said "there is a problem with your connection" and then after 5 sec or something Im trown back to the menu with this message :"your connection with the server has been lost"
No details, nothing.

I had this on Helix, Thors Brigade and some other servers. I could play on some other server but after an hour or something I was disconnected with the same message.

Does anyone had this problem too? Ive never had problems with 0.32. Ive read some things about PB but thats with another message so i guess this is something else.
Old 2006-11-12, 14:49   #2
Nutronic

You using a router of some sort?
Old 2006-11-12, 14:52   #3
Barendz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutronic
You using a router of some sort?
Im not sure actually, my pc is usually on my fathers house but internet is down there so because of 0.4 i moved to my mother dont know the exact configuration there

Strange thing is I am able to play on servers with few players
Old 2006-11-12, 14:50   #4
Barendz

this morning I was able to play on GH East with one other player. Now its almost full and I got the same problem again so I guess it has something to do with the amount of players. Anybody know what it is?
Old 2006-11-12, 14:53   #5
L3adCannon

Same here, every server I`ve joined I`ve been disconnected for no reason. Reinstall didn`t help
Can`t play this mod at all atm
Old 2006-11-12, 15:19   #6
DJJ-Terror

well iw managed to play on some servers but on IGI when full, iw get connection with server is lost every time, sometimes after a minute, sometimes after half an hour...
Old 2006-11-12, 18:46   #7
Barendz

nobody knows what it is or how to fix it?
Its really a shame cause I cant play PR anymore
Old 2006-11-12, 20:36   #8
Barendz

I did a full reinstall now:
BF2 > v1.4 > PR v0.406

Still the same problem . I hope it has something to do with my connection cause then I'll be playing in about two weeks with a new provider. If thats not it I guess I have to wait for a patch or something
Old 2006-11-13, 09:00   #9
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

Weird, same thing happened to me earlier, too. I thought it was just server crashes or something, but I guess three servers all crashing in a row after a few minutes of me joining is pretty unlikely... It was on fuller servers too, since I always sort my list by the number of players and go for the one with the most...
Old 2006-11-13, 10:07   #10
YaluXee

No no. its not a servercrash, thats a different matter i think.
The players with my problem got disconnected. The server maintained.
Though I dont know, if more than one player is disconnected at once in consequence of an error. Most players stay on server as i can see when im rejoining 2 mins later.
Its powerfull annoying. I guess i try the reinstall of this mode.
Hope dies last.
Closed Thread

Tags
disconnect, servers