project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2014-08-18, 15:45   #1
Markunator
Post Russian Optics

I don't see why the Russians only have the godawful 1P29 optic available to them. I mean, that thing is unusable. How about instead of that, we get the PSO-1 and PK-A? And maybe also the PKA-S and Kobra reflex sights? I think the developers really need to consider this. At the very least, we need a better scope than the 1P29, IMO.
Markunator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 16:27   #2
Brooklyn-Tech
Default Re: Russian Optics

start using iron sights. when you master them you wont ever need a scope. i dont remember the last time i had a scope (regardless of map, faction, whatever).
Brooklyn-Tech is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 22:17   #3
Death!
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Tech View Post
start using iron sights. when you master them you wont ever need a scope. i dont remember the last time i had a scope (regardless of map, faction, whatever).

Strong soviet military doctrine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
What's wrong with 1p29?

It's good because reticle is on top of scope so you can see where(if) your bullet landed low(or not).
Maybe IRL it's good, ingame it sucks and I also can't stand it.

I don't use it. ACOG without reflex sights also sucks, same for horrible Aimpoint. EoTech all day, all the way.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-22, 03:28   #4
fatalsushi83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death! View Post

Strong soviet military doctrine!
OMG, this forum thread Death posted is hilarious! Did you guys read this?

Seriously, though, I'm surprised some people prefer the iron sights of the AK to the scope. It's so much faster lining up a shot when you have a scope. When doing single shot with iron sights it takes so long to line up each shot because the target is usually only a few pixels across.
Last edited by fatalsushi83; 2014-08-22 at 03:37..
Old 2015-11-02, 08:32   #5
solidfire93

Smile Re: Russian Optics

AK rifle (all variants) are better with Iron sight ! even IRL !

solidfire93 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 09:18   #6
Armchairman_Mao
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post

Unfortunately not in this game, where naked eye can't see 200m clearly(depending on monitor resolution).
Armchairman_Mao is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-02, 15:59   #7
Souls Of Mischief

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidfire93 View Post

I guess that's why Russian SF is rocking Eotechs, Aimpoints. You ought to tell them they're doing it wrong.
Souls Of Mischief is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 20:21   #8
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markunator View Post
I don't see why the Russians only have the godawful 1P29 optic available to them. I mean, that thing is unusable. How about instead of that, we get the PSO-1 and PK-A? And maybe also the PKA-S and Kobra reflex sights? I think the developers really need to consider this. At the very least, we need a better scope than the 1P29, IMO.
What's wrong with 1p29?

It's good because reticle is on top of scope so you can see where(if) your bullet landed low(or not).
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-18, 22:21   #9
Brooklyn-Tech

i guess he's mad at the fact that the screen is blacked out around the reticle due to the way the scope is designed. In other scopes (acog for example) the screen is blurred out. It's funny how in older versions of PR the screen was blacked out around on the acog aswell and ppl didnt seem to complain.

Sorry, Markunator, but thats how the scope is designed. It's not really a big deal. On most Russian maps you're better off with iron sights anyway. There are only a few maps where a scope might be useful (such as Black Gold) but you get the "advantage" of having back up sights where the enemy does not have them. The back up sights may be crude, but they're there. I can only think of Vadso off the top of my head as a map where the opposing team has better scopes and backup sights. But tbh you should just grab iron sights on vadso and clear buildings and bushes instead of sitting atop a hill and picking enemies off. You'll contribute more to your teams goals.
Brooklyn-Tech is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-28, 11:32   #10
Markunator
Post Re: Russian Optics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Tech View Post
i guess he's mad at the fact that the screen is blacked out around the reticle due to the way the scope is designed. In other scopes (acog for example) the screen is blurred out. It's funny how in older versions of PR the screen was blacked out around on the acog aswell and ppl didnt seem to complain.

Sorry, Markunator, but thats how the scope is designed. It's not really a big deal. On most Russian maps you're better off with iron sights anyway. There are only a few maps where a scope might be useful (such as Black Gold) but you get the "advantage" of having back up sights where the enemy does not have them. The back up sights may be crude, but they're there. I can only think of Vadso off the top of my head as a map where the opposing team has better scopes and backup sights. But tbh you should just grab iron sights on vadso and clear buildings and bushes instead of sitting atop a hill and picking enemies off. You'll contribute more to your teams goals.
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond to this thread, but here goes:

Yes, I know that's how the scope is designed, and it is a big deal to me. That's why I requested the other optics that I mentioned in my original post.
Markunator is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
optics, russian