project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-08-28, 21:14   #1
Paladin-X
Retired PR Developer

Arrow PRMM .2 Changes

As we approach the release of Project Reality Mini-Mod ver.02, we felt it necessary to present to our community a preview of what is to come. PRMM .02 will be but not limited to an update that will address the issues and concerns brought to our attention by you and our testers. PRMM .02 will once again raise the bar for enthralling, realistic game play.

NOTE: This is not a complete or final list of changes. Some changes may not make it to final build.

PRMM .2 Changelist:

Vehicle weapon damage system overhaul (IE most weapons' power will be increased)

Fix server browser button text and server update text (broken from BF2 1.02)
Fix a couple of spelling errors
Fix non-functional rangefinder on LAV and BTR-90
Fix weapon reload sound bug (can hear someone reload from across the map)

Return Ammo/Mag Counters to vehicles
Return crosshairs to mounted and stationary MGs (only when zoomed)
Return crosshairs to APC firing ports
Return nose cam view to attack helo gunners

Tweak handweapon firing sounds to fade a little more over distance
Tweak blood effect to dissipate quicker and fall instead of rise

Increase HEAT splash radius
Increase Grenade Launcher splash radius

Increase Eryx/ATP damage to vehicles
Remove SMG from AT class and return non-silenced pistol
Reduce AT ammo from 6 to 3

Reduce recoil on LMGs
Remove call UAV ability from squad leader/commander commo rose

Add tank reload sounds when switching between Sabot/HEAT
Add HEI/AP rounds for APCs
Add zoom to MBTs/APCs/AAVs

Old 2005-08-28, 21:55   #2
solodude23

Sounds awsome, fixes pretty much all of peoples concerns.

"Tweak blood effect to dissipate quicker and fall instead of rise"
Hehe, damn, my fav part gone. :P
Old 2005-08-29, 03:41   #3
Paladin-X
Retired PR Developer

Feel free to mention things that you think must be fixed in this version. We will try to throw in what we can.

Old 2005-08-29, 03:44   #4
Figisaacnewton

Include awesome HUD made by... whatsisname...
Old 2005-08-29, 05:03   #5
worst 3

Sounds good you fixed a lot of things that were unrealistic. I canâ$™t wait to hear what else you have changed.

But wondering if you changed the medics healing and wether or not people can be killed when shot in the head interested of injured

Great job cant wait to play it
when will it be released?
Old 2005-08-29, 05:49   #6
FBX

why remove the smg from AT class? Did you think they were over powered?

Personally I really liked how the mp5 was done in this mod and it would be a shame to remove it. It wasn't overpowered in my opinion because, yes it killed quickly like all the guns in the game, but it really was weak at a distance when going against more accurate weapons.

I can think of a bunch of alternatives to removing the SMG for this class, like lowering their sprinting abilites to where it regains itself a lot slower (right now, heavy soldiers and light soldiers both have equal sprinting abilities).
Old 2005-08-29, 06:25   #7
Fishw0rk

Wow I love ALL the changes. Big thanks to you PR devs for taking our suggestions. I cant wait! Hope more people will be playing this time

FBX I'm pretty sure the MP5 was removed because tank crews don't carry them in real life, not that it was over-powered.
Old 2005-08-29, 06:34   #8
Paladin-X
Retired PR Developer

I loves the MP5 too, but I was advised that the AT class does not carry a rifle/smg. Eddie can probably explain it better, but pretty much the AT guy is supposed to have 1-2 rockets and a sidearm. He should be accompanied by another soldier that has a couple extra rounds and a rifle.

Maybe I can throw it in as the unlock for spec ops or something? I know it's not necessarily realistic, but what about giving it to the medic?

EDIT: I think it may help increase the need for teamwork. You won't have 1 man army AT guys running around. The other soldiers will depend on AT class against armor and the AT guy will depend on others for infantry support. Pairing up AT+Support would be good.

Old 2005-08-29, 06:41   #9
Beckwith

i think sniper should get the MP5, most snipers do carry some sort of Carbine/SMG as well as there rifle even STA platoon guys
Old 2005-08-29, 06:57   #10
StormRavn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckwith
i think sniper should get the MP5, most snipers do carry some sort of Carbine/SMG as well as there rifle even STA platoon guys
i cant agree with that statement more!@!.. I enjoy sniping and really love the M95 , however beckwith makes a strong point in real time ops most snipers do carry some sort of rifle/smg on top of there sniping weapon to help deal with aggressors while in route to sniping spots. this game is all about realism so this should be included a additonal rifle/smg/shotgun that we can sling arms and use when nessacary.

however i would really like to see other world rifle models besides the M95 dont get me wrong this is a nice weapon however there is other models just as good like the PSG-1 things like that..

also something that should be added into the sniping kit and assault kit is colored smoke gernades to mark your spot for artilllery and bombing shoots. and also to mark a LZ for incomin troop transports. this is something i really think should be put into play it makes alot of sense and is used by all branches of the military for these reasons
Closed Thread

Tags
prmm