project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2020-05-20, 09:39   #1
Damian_

Default Let everyone drag bodies

Let everyone drag bodies
Damian_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-20, 10:03   #2
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Default Re: Let everyone drag bodies

afaik this can only be done with a weapon slot, so each kit would need a slot for dragging.

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-21, 11:36   #3
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
afaik this can only be done with a weapon slot, so each kit would need a slot for dragging.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
How would you do that though? should every kit have a drag function? No silly, you put it in the drop kit of course. But as I said I'm not sure if making everyone drag is a good idea yet.
Letting everyone drag would mean huge impact to gameplay.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-22, 08:51   #4
Damian_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Letting everyone drag would mean huge impact to gameplay.
Question, would it be positive or negative?
Also, does it fit Project Reality Spirit?

Effects I would expect:
1. Medics have easier job, responsibility of getting wounded ally out of dangerous spot is not his alone.
2. People will be caught off guard while dragging their friends.
3. Trolling(throwing bodies in water, of the roof).
4. Possibility of roleplay(I will get my buddy out of here and find someone who can help him).
5. Increased possibility of reviving randoms. I don't like helping randoms since I always assume that their bodies are camped, if I were to see two guys together one dragging another I would be willing to believe that it is safe. Also his buddy could guard us, since he is already here.

Also since last nerf to revive, this could be nice buff for it(that also promotes temwork).

I'm looking forward to seeing your point of view just keep it logical, not emotional.
Last edited by Damian_; 2020-05-22 at 09:15..
Old 2020-06-21, 18:10   #5
Grump/Gump.45

Quote:
Use weapon slot 9 for non-medics.. the ONLY kits that use the 9 key are combat engineer/sapper with yellow water container IED(militia, Hamas, Insurgent,ARF) for their patch and insurgent medics with their 11 patches. All wounded bodies including enemy should be draggable.
Grump/Gump.45 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-22, 02:00   #6
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grump/Gump.45 View Post
Use weapon slot 9 for non-medics.. the ONLY kits that use the 9 key are combat engineer/sapper with yellow water container IED(militia, Hamas, Insurgent,ARF) for their patch and insurgent medics with their 11 patches. All wounded bodies including enemy should be draggable.
You forgot about parashot.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-28, 09:41   #7
Stolt_Yugoslav

Quote:
Could it be a hidden weapon slot that doesn't show up on the interface but is still bindable?

Its a really cool and realistic idea and would make for some interesting situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by labonte95 View Post
I really liked the idea of dropping your kit to have the drag ability. You're able to drag a teammate into cover while you wait for a medic to move up and revive. I think it would be even better for teamwork, and you can keep your medics safer. I can't see it taking away from the medic role at all, and just seems more realistic to let anyone drag a body.

Yeah that's cool too, its a good compromise.
Stolt_Yugoslav is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-28, 13:50   #8
cabalistik

I mean OK, let's say the dragging for everyone gets added to the game in one way or the other. How often do you think players would use it in the game?

Also, to have a reason to drag someone to safety you would have to be able to revive them fairly quickly. If there are no medics close by, then there is no reason to drag a wounded player to safety. And if there is a medic nearby, then wouldn't it be best for the medic to drag the casualty and for the rest of the squad mates to cover him?

I really don't really see any reason to add dragging for everyone into PR, it's an unnecessary feature that would only be useful in very rare situations. The downside of having it is that it would clutter the selection menu making things more even complicated for new players.
cabalistik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 19:39   #9
Killer2354

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabalistik View Post
I mean OK, let's say the dragging for everyone gets added to the game in one way or the other. How often do you think players would use it in the game?

Also, to have a reason to drag someone to safety you would have to be able to revive them fairly quickly. If there are no medics close by, then there is no reason to drag a wounded player to safety. And if there is a medic nearby, then wouldn't it be best for the medic to drag the casualty and for the rest of the squad mates to cover him?

I really don't really see any reason to add dragging for everyone into PR, it's an unnecessary feature that would only be useful in very rare situations. The downside of having it is that it would clutter the selection menu making things more even complicated for new players.
There are definitely situations that dragging someone to cover vs just reviving them is a lot safer for both parties. If a friendly goes down right next to a corner, which happens quite a lot, you can grab a limb and drag them into cover without exposing the medic or reviving them and exposing them to a very real dead-dead scenario. There's also times that moving the body into concealment before reviving is a valid strategy that depends on the situations. They definitely aren't that uncommon.
Killer2354 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-06, 09:43   #10
Vicious3o2

yes get rid of the knife for this. Would be used 10x more than knifing.
Vicious3o2 is offline Reply With Quote