project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2010-12-22, 02:17   #1
Deadghosty
Default Rifle accuracy

so i was in game, and i run around a corner see 3 guys go prone zoom in rifle scope on one of them wait like 1 second then shoot and my bullet goes like 2 feet to the right and hits a wall. like wtf? really? then i get shot by one of em while hes standing up? really? This is like the 3rd time this happened to me im better off hip firing and killing him then going prone and zooming in.
Deadghosty is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:20   #2
gazzthompson

Default Re: Rifle accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadghosty View Post
so i was in game, and i run around a corner see 3 guys go prone zoom in rifle scope on one of them wait like 1 second then shoot and my bullet goes like 2 feet to the right and hits a wall. like wtf? really? then i get shot by one of em while hes standing up? really? This is like the 3rd time this happened to me im better off hip firing and killing him then going prone and zooming in.
dont go prone. crouch and shoot and enjoy killing the enemy.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 20:14   #3
crot
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzthompson View Post
dont go prone. crouch and shoot and enjoy killing the enemy.
Doesnt matter, crouch, standing up, I wait 4 seconds then I open up on unsuspecting enemy, they turn around, couple of shots on me *boom> im dead> rage quit*. Seriously, wtf?! Since the update, deviation f*cking sucks! A couple of days ago, an AR guy killed me from like 250m while crawling out of cover while I was shooting at him for like 6 seconds and he got me right away while he was moving. Either the update messed the deviation up for me only, idk. But this never happened before the update. Its becoming frustrating.
crot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 02:37   #4
Gozjh

Think about this, what would be faster in real life, diving to the ground, recovering from doing the dive to the ground (that would be you plus 50-60 or more pounds), shoulder weapon, look through optics, then acquire your targets, or would it be faster to shoulder weapon, look through optics, then acquire your targets?
Gozjh is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 03:18   #5
Ghost Wolfe

Rifle deviation is a b*tch ain't it?
Ghost Wolfe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 16:22   #6
gazzthompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Wolfe View Post
Rifle deviation is a b*tch ain't it?
when you prone spam it is.

gazzthompson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 07:46   #7
Zyfer

in close combat RL its like walk around the corner almost running speed while looking through optics ready ur weapon when u come around u got enough time to aquire the target aim and shoot.

As seen in youtube vids about PR u gotta wait about 5 seconds or 3 seconds when its close combat i dont know if this is about the same as in RL but hell i would love to know cuz i feel the deviation is way off i dont know.
Zyfer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 08:09   #8
Dev1200

I lol at newfags. wtf is deviation.

Since PR can't support wind, stamina, weapon sway, etc. the developers have designed Deviation.

Go play ARMA 2, run for about 30 seconds, sprint around a corner, and scope in. Then fire. There is weapon sway, wind, stamina, etc in Arma2, and your round will be in the approximate area as where if you were playing PR, a similar occurrence would have happened.

Infraction given. Keep 4chan terms on 4chan.

Dunehunter
Last edited by Dunehunter; 2010-12-22 at 23:10..
Old 2010-12-22, 09:06   #9
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev1200 View Post
I lol at newfags. wtf is deviation.

Since PR can't support wind, stamina, weapon sway, etc. the developers have designed Deviation.

Go play ARMA 2, run for about 30 seconds, sprint around a corner, and scope in. Then fire. There is weapon sway, wind, stamina, etc in Arma2, and your round will be in the approximate area as where if you were playing PR, a similar occurrence would have happened.
No need to call new people fags mate. Thats quite rude.

But its true the BF2 engine is quite limited.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-22, 13:03   #10
Predator.v2

Keep this in mind, when it comes to deviation:

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...ml#post1256801 (post #

Some numbers may be outdated, but it gives you a feeling about it.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, rifle