project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-01-10, 12:48   #1
Avenged_Fate
Default Jet controls sluggish

Hey everyone,
Recently I've been trying my hands out on jets, practising on my own local server, simulating CAS gun runs and whatnot.
I am however struggling with the jet controls, because they're unlike anything I've ever experienced.
I play with the typical K+M combination, and it works out just fine, but the controls just feel slugish as all hell. I have tried with a Flight X. joystick, but it felt slow to handle as well.
What I mean with this is that the jet controls in general feel waaaay too slow, pitching and rolling are slow, and I have the constant need to mess around with the mouse's DPI to adjust the sensitivity, given that jets will be slow to handle in normal flying, but they suddently become way too jolty when lining up for a gun run.
I have practised with different jets, and of course I know a figher like the F-16 wil have much sharper responses than an A-10 or a Frogfoot, but still I struggle with sluggish responses.
I feel as if this is going to give a disadvantage while flying.
What do you guys think? Anybody struggled with this while beggining to fly?
inb4 git gud you just need practise
Avenged_Fate
Avenged_Fate is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 13:44   #2
HOLLYWOODY
Banned
Default Re: Jet controls sluggish

Default pitch and yaw factors should be higher. I'm pretty sure it is impossible to fly effectively without manually modifying those factors or sensitivity.

OPTIONS>CONTROLS>AIRCRAFT>SENSITIVITY
OPTIONS>CONTROLS>AIRCRAFT>PITCH FACTOR
OPTIONS>CONTROLS>AIRCRAFT>YAW FACTOR
HOLLYWOODY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-31, 19:00   #3
Eph1n3

My aircraft settings are in Default and it's far from impossible, in fact, for me, is way easier than Default settings for Heli's
Eph1n3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 08:11   #4
HOLLYWOODY
Banned

Eph1n3, you're right, the default settings for jets are not as restrictive as I originally remembered so I rescind that statement. When my settings reset after a computer crash sometime in-between your comment and now I tested the default again and determined you can definitely fly effectively but not competitively. Correct me if I'm wrong, I do not think you are able to achieve the maximum performance from the aircraft without modifying some of the other options like pitch and yaw factors. I use the default helicopter settings so I'm not sure if I'm missing out but I haven't needed anything more for those.
HOLLYWOODY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-20, 21:15   #5
Cassius
Supporting Member

Its not a tie fighter

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 20:31   #6
Murphy

I'm pretty sure you cannot really be "competitive" in Jets without a joystick. Using a mouse you will eventually reach the end of your desk/table/mousepad and have to lift your mouse off the desk and reset it's physical position and put you can maintain maximum pitch/yaw/roll for as long as is required with a joystick. In a dog fight the guy with a joystick will be able to out perform the pilot using a mouse.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-25, 23:27   #7
LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I'm pretty sure you cannot really be "competitive" in Jets without a joystick. Using a mouse you will eventually reach the end of your desk/table/mousepad and have to lift your mouse off the desk and reset it's physical position and put you can maintain maximum pitch/yaw/roll for as long as is required with a joystick. In a dog fight the guy with a joystick will be able to out perform the pilot using a mouse.
This is only an issue with a few jets.
Most will retain the input for half a second or so, giving you time to move your mouse.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-28, 02:08   #8
fenriz9000
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]LiamBai View Post
This is only an issue with a few jets.
Most will retain the input for half a second or so, giving you time to move your mouse.
Could you provide more technical details? Which jets are affected? Could it be tunable settings?
fenriz9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 03:53   #9
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
Bind space to pull and suddenly you outperform the joystick

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 19:30   #10
Murphy

And this is why I'm an Armour whore and not CAS, the little things I never bothered to pick up (also landing makes no sense coming from sims like DCS).

Murphy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
controls, jet, sluggish