project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
04 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2012-12-30, 21:22   #1
Grober
Default [Vehicle] Mi-24V Hind

Thats right!

1p lod0
1p lod1

Ofc im not showing u all what i have but to those parts i can put "ready" stamp
but reason why im posing it here cause im hoping for some feedback and some bug finding
Last edited by Grober; 2012-12-31 at 16:04..
Old 2012-12-30, 21:40   #2
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Default Re: Mi-24V Hind

Seems a little strange to approach it from the 1p first Grober? You might run into some topology issues this way. I would personally advise doing the fuselage first.
Old 2012-12-30, 21:51   #3
Adriaan
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

From what I understand there is more than just the cockpit/passenger compartment, but it's not shown in the screens. Those look good so far though (smoothing groups need finishing, judging by the screens?). Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Also, I wouldn't bother with creating working instrument panels. It was thought of in the past for helis in PR, but deemed too much work to implement for every single one of them (and it's either all or nothing).

Old 2012-12-30, 22:21   #4
Grober

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Adriaan View Post
From what I understand there is more than just the cockpit/passenger compartment, but it's not shown in the screens.
Thats right

Quote:
Those look good so far though (smoothing groups need finishing, judging by the screens?).
Dident realy work on them so far to be honest

Quote:
Also, I wouldn't bother with creating working instrument panels. It was thought of in the past for helis in PR, but deemed too much work to implement for every single one of them (and it's either all or nothing).

Nouuu!! better start working again !:P
Old 2012-12-31, 13:21   #5
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
From what I understand there is more than just the cockpit/passenger compartment, but it's not shown in the screens.
Ye I think Tim can see that but I agree with him, the approach is quite strange, at least how its being shown...

There are quite a few issues that need fixing up and overall need more detail in the cockpits but I would first take all the bits from the 3p chopper that you can use then add detail to the interior, removing the bits you can't see so you don't have massive gaps round the side etc, then add all the details like instrument panels etc.

Quote:
Biggest problem with this concept is 1, requires a massive workaround with an extenal .exe etc reading memory and then moving these parts but the biggest problem is 2, we can only have a limited amount of moving parts on a chopper, even if they are not netwrokabled, which basically totally threw this concept back in our faces as it meant even if we put all this work into it, we could only have a few our of all the gauges we made, working...

As such, this concept was pretty much scrapped but by all means, make a nice detailed 3D cockpit, just don't bother making separate needles etc and just have them as part of the 2D texture etc

Also one thing I think you guys missed from the R-COM forums you asked ages ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
ummm, its very possible though two or more different geom0 lods.. We use them on a few vehicles. Recent I applied this to the H-34/Wessex.

gemo0 lod0:

gemo0 lod1:

You just need to config the pilot/passenger cams to tell them what lod to view when in use.

Its a very good thing to do and can also mean that the passengers don't need to load the high rez cockpit textures if they are separated from the 1p passenger textures via a different sheet. TBH something we should have done for the Z-9/Panther series but didn't cross my mind at the time

As for Rotating fans, possibly but there is a limit to the amount of moving parts you can have on a vehicle which is one of the main reason why we dropped the idea of working cockpits / 3D HUDs.

Old 2012-12-31, 14:46   #6
Grober

Quote:
Ye I think Tim can see that but I agree with him, the approach is quite strange, at least how its being shown...

There are quite a few issues that need fixing up and overall need more detail in the cockpits but I would first take all the bits from the 3p chopper that you can use then add detail to the interior, removing the bits you can't see so you don't have massive gaps round the side etc, then add all the details like instrument panels etc.

Biggest problem with this concept is 1, requires a massive workaround with an extenal .exe etc reading memory and then moving these parts but the biggest problem is 2, we can only have a limited amount of moving parts on a chopper, even if they are not netwrokabled, which basically totally threw this concept back in our faces as it meant even if we put all this work into it, we could only have a few our of all the gauges we made, working...

As such, this concept was pretty much scrapped but by all means, make a nice detailed 3D cockpit, just don't bother making separate needles etc and just have them as part of the 2D texture etc

Also one thing I think you guys missed from the R-COM forums you asked ages ago:

Deamn some time ago i askd ddeo to ask u guys is such think possible with 2 lods and he replied no...
Old 2012-12-31, 15:34   #7
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober View Post
Deamn some time ago i askd ddeo to ask u guys is such think possible with 2 lods and he replied no...
Ye, since another dev said no, but then I saw the post a few days later and corrected it with that post, but ddeo never replied to mine to say he had seen it or forwarded it to you

Bad ddeo! Very bad ddeo! No dindins for you tonight!

Old 2012-12-31, 15:39   #8
Antol

Quote:
Ye, since another dev said no, but then I saw the post a few days later and corrected it with that post, but ddeo never replied to mine to say he had seen it or forwarded it to you

Bad ddeo! Very bad ddeo! No dindins for you tonight!

ddeo, you bastard You killed Hind
Old 2012-12-30, 23:15   #9
rodrigoma

I really cant say how I hope you go though this , my favorite helicopter and it should be in PR for a long time
Old 2012-12-30, 23:36   #10
Microwaife

Yeah, you should try to finish this. Nice helicopter and we can use this for Syrian Uprising Mod, if you allow it.

Tags
hind, mi24v, vehicle