project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-04-15, 04:00   #1
Anderson29
Supporting Member

Default mumble auto moving out of squad

alright i dont know where to put this and i havent seen any topics on this as well and i hate starting new threads but damn if this isnt the biggest pain in the ass and i know im not the only one this happens to and it only seemed to have started a couple of weeks ago.

the problem is that while playing pr mumble decides to move people out of their sqd and into the root channel and you have no idea this has happened.

so i ask if anyone knows what the deal is and is there a way to fix it

in-game name : Anderson2981
steam : Anderson2981
Last edited by Anderson29; 2013-04-15 at 12:17.. Reason: my spelling (know to knows)
Old 2013-04-15, 06:06   #2
cpt.capper
Default Re: mumble auto moving out of squad

this is happening to me too, just started in the last week or so. i just fix it by leaving and rejoining my squad really quick, but it is slightly annoying.
cpt.capper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 06:17   #3
paul161616
Supporting Member

ive also only noticed this recently, up to two weeks ago never had this problem.. whats happening i believe is mumble is auto-kicking to server lobby people who havent said anything for x minutes (pressing any of the buttons, dont think it matters whether or not you say anything) ive started just tapping the local chat button every couple of minutes, although i dont always think about it. pretty annoying, not sure if it was changed recently or ive just never noticed it before.

paul161616 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 09:40   #4
Pronck
Supporting Member

I am talk crap all the time and I still get kicked out of my squad every 5 to a X amount of minutes, it is really annoying.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 11:38   #5
Orford

Yep been happening to me too.
Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 11:53   #6
HunterMed
Supporting Member

Happened to me too lately for the first time.

HunterMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:02   #7
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

Thumbs down Re: mumble auto moving out of squad

it happened to me at least 20 times this weekend.... no kidding
SANGUE-RUIM is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:06   #8
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Some further adjustments were made today to the mumble scripts to try and solve this issue. The idle kick was implemented, because I was pretty pissed at consistently seeing 400 people on mumble, yet only 200 people ingame. The idle kick time is 60 minutes, which is more than long enough.

AncientMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:39   #9
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]AncientMan View Post
Some further adjustments were made today to the mumble scripts to try and solve this issue. The idle kick was implemented, because I was pretty pissed at consistently seeing 400 people on mumble, yet only 200 people ingame. The idle kick time is 60 minutes, which is more than long enough.
Good to hear, thanks!

That means the issue most of us have is not due to your auto-kick. I guess that thing makes sense. Sometimes I forget to close mumble after playing and suddenly I hear loud russian voices in my room - quite embarassing when you have guests

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 03:11   #10
Cobb3r

Not a fix, but just a quick way to know that you're still connected to your squad is mumble overlay.

I've had the same thing happen about once or twice, but I was able to quickly remedy it as I noticed my overlay was suddenly showing heaps of names on my screen rather than the 6 or so in my squad.
Cobb3r is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
auto, moving, mumble, squad