project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2013-08-28, 12:10   #1
ExeTick
Supporting Member

Default UAV causing server lag.

yesterday we were playing karbala and the server started to lag like hell. felt like ddos but it wasnt.

someone typed up that the commanders UAV is causing this lag so we asked our commander to get out of the UAV and he did. and when he did that lag was gone, and afterwards he got back in and the lag was still gone.

had this happened twice on Ramiel INS aswell but thought it was map related but if I dont remember wrong we had a commander using UAV both of those times.
and for some strange reason it always happens when the 4th cache is unknown or known. I dont know which but I think it is when it becomes known for opfor/insurgents.

short story. server start to lag when blufor commander is inside UAV when 4th cache becomes known for insurgents. doesnt happen on all maps. only happen on ramiel and karbala so far.

also I have only seen it happen on NwA server. dont know if any other servers have the same problem.

Last edited by ExeTick; 2013-08-28 at 13:46..
Old 2013-08-28, 13:33   #2
tankninja1

Default Re: UAV causing server lag.

That round of karbala a few days ago on H? If not then this has happened to me too.
tankninja1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 14:00   #3
notmyingamename

seems like red herring to me, from the way you described it
notmyingamename is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 20:11   #4
NyteMyre

I just got banned from VBIOS for using the UAV without a warning because i was causing lag somehow
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 15:28   #5
NyteMyre

Default Does the UAV causes lag?

I was commanding on the pr.VBIOS server and people started whining that i should leave the commanders position. Saying i caused server lag with the UAV

I witnessed no lag whatsoever, in or outside the UAV. So i called it bullocks, and kept commanding (I was actively helping another squad over mumble, spotting enemies for them with the UAV).

Is this a fact, or is it just some rumor?
Old 2013-08-31, 19:11   #6
ExeTick
Supporting Member

played shijia valley today and we had a commander and server started to lag like crasy and I had a look. we had a commander using UAV so I told him to get out and the lag was gone.

he got back in again and lag started again. I think it is very possible that UAV is causing lag.

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:30   #7
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Thanks. We'll have our testing team look into it... but feel free to keep providing any information you have to help us troubleshoot/reproduce.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 20:35   #8
ExeTick
Supporting Member

well reproduce is kinda simpel.

go into a full server, sign up to be a commander then use the UAV for a long while without moving it. and wait until people complain that it is lagging. I do not know if there is any special maps.

ExeTick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 21:20   #9
NyteMyre

The map was on ramiel, i think i was in the UAV for like 30 minutes before people started complaining about it
Old 2013-08-31, 23:14   #10
SterrUwe321

on the map Dovre i can play as Infantry without any problem. But as soon as i go commander and sit in the UAV my games starts to Freeze-Lag for half a second when i make big turns with the UAV.
On shijia valley the game has stopped lagging as soon as the commander stopped using the UAV.

Appearently the engine doesn't like UAVs in big maps.
SterrUwe321 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
causing, lag, server, uav