project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2017-08-22, 21:45   #1
sunshine2241991
Default Blow logis

i see people using logis to build fobs and stuff . and its fine .
but then they leave them in the middle of no where . and when u need logi there none in main base . and sometimes RTB with logi is to long and dangerous
why not to blow the logi after use they cost only2 tickets . and they will respawn at main and save the rtb part
sunshine2241991 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 22:34   #2
QuickLoad
Default Re: Blow logis

this might be a good idea but haven't ever thought of it just because the whole notation of intentional teamkill asset waste was really drilled into everyones mind as a horrible thing to do.

anyways, still is a good idea that might see more use, the other problem being:
what if someone comes by who needed the repair station
what if someone comes by who was willing to return the logi so they wouldn't have to wait the long time and needed the crates then and there

those two are generally the reasons why I don't, otherwise if i'm not doing a super fob i will indeed leave the logi by the FOB when it has no more usage. I thought that apc/tank appreciated this too since the rep station would be on frontlines.
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 06:10   #3
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickLoad View Post
what if someone comes by who needed the repair station
what if someone comes by who was willing to return the logi so they wouldn't have to wait the long time and needed the crates then and there
s.
we talking about 5 min respawn for logis most of the time .
and the time to rtb and the risk that you might get killed any way (that will cost 4 tickets 2+2) .
i really dont see point the leave them .

and about the repair station when i play as apc most of the time there always somewhere logi abonded far far away with some random people or i just rtb because get repiar from repiar station its just too slow
Old 2017-08-23, 07:14   #4
QuickLoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2241991 View Post
we talking about 5 min respawn for logis most of the time .
and the time to rtb and the risk that you might get killed any way (that will cost 4 tickets 2+2) .
i really dont see point the leave them .

and about the repair station when i play as apc most of the time there always somewhere logi abonded far far away with some random people or i just rtb because get repiar from repiar station its just too slow
ehh also killing the logi might mean some random smurf taxis it, although maybe not. and 2 tickets sounds like little but is actually a lot in the long run

still, on repair station, repair station is made to untrack/unturret your tanks/apcs so that you can rtb safely(or rtb in the first place)
QuickLoad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 10:19   #5
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Sometimes I go all accros the map to build a secret sneaky FOB. Having a truck near it makes it easier to spot it. In that case I somtimes simply drive it into the nearby water so that it will explode.

D.J.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-22, 22:46   #6
chupachup

I kind of really hate that strategy, maybe the penalty for killing your own assets should be bigger (though prone to abuse)
chupachup is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 10:39   #7
DesertFox284

I generally dislike blowing up any friendly assets. Rather RTB it and save those 2 tickets...
DesertFox284 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 16:40   #8
sunshine2241991

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFox284 View Post
I generally dislike blowing up any friendly assets. Rather RTB it and save those 2 tickets...
well good example ...but honestly i prefer lose "worthless" round . and not waste Real life time on rtb logi
Old 2017-08-23, 19:49   #9
PeppeJ

Shout at the people mis-using logis instead. The game is about teamwork, not just teamwork in your squad.
PeppeJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-23, 20:36   #10
Heavy Death

We have arrived to a point when intentionally killing own assets beause gameplay/win/meta>realism.

Jesus F. Christ.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
blow, logis