project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-09-10, 02:36   #1
Graysun
Supporting Member

Exclamation Project Reality is killing itself. From a fellow asset whore point of view.

I started playing Project Reality with my dad back in early 2008 (if not earlier?). We had a clan and were active for a long time. During this period there were several servers to choose from and looking for a server to play no matter the time was always no problem. There were tons of players and new players coming in and out of PR, so it was cool to see familiar names, but not nearly as common as it is now. We eventually stopped playing PR but I came back about 3 years later.

PR had aged extremely well and the amount of new content that I was just now experiencing was insane. The game really went from awesome to amazing with no other wargame coming close in content or pvp experience. Mastering all the different aspects of PR is actually a pretty big task for any kind of new player and it is OVERWHELMING and addicting if you liked it. During this time PR was going well and as good as ever in its prime.

Eventually PR's population dwindled but not nearly as small as it is today. During this new era of only a few full servers being populated at once many other clans started interacting with each other much more than they did originally. It went from clans having there own servers to clans being forced to share a server (constantly going after eachother). This started the era of toxic attitudes in PR, ESPECIALLY among assets.

There is only a limited amount of slots per map so yea, you don't always get what you want, but having a clan surely helps getting what you want a lot more. Some people get very upset by this as playing games that lasts hours and not getting what you want again and again can get annoying and when the noobs do finally get an asset and get stomped they are just insulted by all the other clans that didn't get to fly CAS or do tanks that round.

Also, when you go afk all game because you didn't get your asset again then come back next game from being afk and dont get your asset again you start getting mad. When people start getting mad eventually people start having personal disputes and player A wants to get player B banned for anything he can find on them (so he can use the asset easier) and then the typical shit starts happening.

There is absolutely no room for new players in a game that is constantly trying to shit on eachother for everyone being fucking rude/asset whoring (which i am not exempt from). The clans kill eachother for assets as it is so there is definitely no room for some random to come in and try something for a few times.

My clan eventually fell apart over some people being caught hacking so I quit for 1.5 years and came back April 2018. The PR I came back to was completely pathetic honestly. Literally 3 used servers that all share the same player base and rely on one being dead to be full. This just meant everybody that was trying to hold on to this dead ass game was now seriously forced to only play together.

So with a community of veteran addicts that are all good at the game, wanting an asset, you have only 20% of them per most games actually getting the asset they wanted. Everyone is very anti community and learning anything is absolutely shamed due to the amount of skilled veterans available for the assets, and the amount of actual assets that can be used. So no room for any new players.

The players "want" full servers but thats only because they want big maps to use the assets, not to let some random take their CAS/ARMOR spot. The state of the DEV team is hilarious, honestly, good on some of you clans for really winning them over and becoming bestfriends. Clans and asset whores that you see everyday (or no longer play at all), are literally the people running the forums and choosing what goes on what map.

The DEV team that seriously laid the ground work and idea of this game are practically gone/rouge and it has become a clique ran game. If you post absolutely anything on the forums you get some smart ass reply from one of the "military expert" ASSET WHORES that now speaks for the DEV team.

The project reality test team? LOL WOW, first of all you only get into that if you are best friends with a DEV or other test team member which is also a tight clique. Funny though I thought I have been testing this game for the past 10 years? With the population of like 500 we are this game, why are those "special" players (that are also inactive lmfao) the only "testers"? This game acts like it wants players and help but in reality all legitimate help is shit on and all noobs are banned/shunned before they ever play a full game. This game loses 100 players for every one that sticks.

With how important so many aspects of this game are and how serious it is taken, new players don't stand a chance. I honestly think many of the DEVs pray this game will finally die so they no longer have to put out content for the only 500 players remaining (probably a big waste of time for a DEV) especially when they know this game is only losing players from here.

Thank you for the edit
Last edited by Graysun; 2018-09-10 at 18:07.. Reason: Because I'm a nice person :)
Old 2018-09-10, 03:39   #2
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality is killing itself. From a fellow asset whore point of view.

Please use paragraphs.

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 09:11   #3
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality is killing itself. From a fellow asset whore point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo View Post
Please use paragraphs.
Please do, you really can't read the post as it currently stands...

I'll wait for you to edit your post @Graysun before straining myself to read it in its current state

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 07:56   #4
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

I'm not sure what we're supposed to take away from this. Very few parameters of your rant can be influenced by the devs. And most importantly, the game is OLD, there is no possible way to attract a new audience.

Oh, and blaming the dev Team is obviously a good way to become a tester...

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 17:54   #5
Graysun
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
I'm not sure what we're supposed to take away from this. Very few parameters of your rant can be influenced by the devs. And most importantly, the game is OLD, there is no possible way to attract a new audience.

Oh, and blaming the dev Team is obviously a good way to become a tester...
lolol no i'm blaming the snobby people like you, trust me I will never bother applying with the current condescending lineup.
Graysun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:13   #6
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysun View Post
lolol no i'm blaming the snobby people like you, trust me I will never bother applying with the current condescending lineup.
You'll find people stop being condescending the moment an upstart like yourself stops trying to tell them how this show has to be run.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:32   #7
Graysun
Supporting Member

Quote:
You'll find people stop being condescending the moment an upstart like yourself stops trying to tell them how this show has to be run.
Tell them? nono I think you meant "tell me".
Graysun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:36   #8
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysun View Post
Tell them? nono I think you meant "tell me".
You should stop avoiding the post by Rhino and start properly discussing it if you want to truly get your point across.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:38   #9
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
And most importantly, the game is OLD, there is no possible way to attract a new audience.
Actually, no.

PR does attract new players since it's been detached from BF2 and made free.

Of course, don't expect 500 new players each month. We are talking just about a dozen which is pretty good for a game released 14 years ago.
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 08:35   #10
Raidonrai
Banned

WHAT HAVE THE DEVS EVER DONE FOR US
Raidonrai is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asset, fellow, killing, point, project, reality, view, whore