project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2020-11-24, 18:28   #1
izmash
PR Server License Administrator

Default [Weapon] Hk 33

Hi everyone
When playing on mec side i'm always getting upset from firing g3 on close distances, because of that cosmic recoill and one day i thought about making something that could replace or be an alternative to g3. My choice turned out to be hk 33, because mec is using other hk weapons and hk 33 has caliber (5.56) like e.g. m4s. I've started working on model some time ago and i think i making something wrong, but I don't know what.

Here are some screenshots from blender and please if you can tell me what can I improve in that model:

Small bonus some screens from my wip map:

izmash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 05:07   #2
Iguanadjy
Default Re: [Weapon] Hk 33

Nice work so far! Hk33 rifle would be an awesome add to the PR weapons indeed! What would be the factions on that new map your working on?
Iguanadjy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 08:23   #3
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Which army are you modelling this after? MEC is loosely based on combination of several middle-east countries. Looking around a bit the HK33 does not seem to be in active use that much anymore.
Also I suggest to keep your map related posts out of this to not derail the thread.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 14:31   #4
Rabbit

Yeah I would open up a new thread for your map for feedback.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-25, 16:50   #5
izmash

And that is main problem with mec faction, because it's totaly fictional, so why it couldn't have some uniqe weapons like hk33. According to wiki some countries like Iran, Lebaon, Turkey and Saudi Arabia that in my opinion are qualified to mec have still in use some of hk33 variants, not as primary weapon but still. Many players also complaining about g3 mainly because of it's recoil and other problems, so why mec couldn't have some alternative weapon.

About map I need to fix some issues and then I will post individual topic and now I can delete these images if you want.
Old 2020-11-26, 08:37   #6
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmash View Post
And that is main problem with mec faction, because it's totaly fictional, so why it couldn't have some uniqe weapons like hk33. According to wiki some countries like Iran, Lebaon, Turkey and Saudi Arabia that in my opinion are qualified to mec have still in use some of hk33 variants, not as primary weapon but still. Many players also complaining about g3 mainly because of it's recoil and other problems, so why mec couldn't have some alternative weapon.
It is the main advantage of MEC as we have lots of freedom. Just interested in why the HK-33 and not something else. The wiki pages of armies (especially middle-eastern countries) are not that helpful as they basically list every weapon you can buy.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 12:14   #7
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
It is the main advantage of MEC as we have lots of freedom. Just interested in why the HK-33 and not something else.
Not much else that hasnt already been shot down.
Old 2020-11-25, 21:11   #8
SShadowFox

I feel like the HK33 would be nice for variety's sake. Add it to some special kits like HAT or Spotter, or maybe even make a MEC subfaction and have them be equipped with the HK33 instead of the G3. Would be nice to have a MEC marine faction for instance, and they could use the 33. Especially now that we have a map where MEC has a ship main.

Of course making a MEC marine faction would probably require some retexturing work to be done and maybe some new vehicle models, just so that it wouldn't be MEC with a different weapon.
SShadowFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-26, 22:33   #9
izmash

As I said earlier g3 is common weapon in middle east and sorunding countries, many are using mp5 which is H&K production as well, so why wouldn't be another HK product. Other alternatives in my opinion are diffrent versions of ak like ak-101 or ak-103 or other variants, M4/M16, Chinese NORINCO M4 or AK copy and many more common and boring weapons. For example these countries are using in alternative to g3 weapon:
Turkey - MPT
Saudi Arabia - Steyer AUG
Iran - KH2002
Yemen - M4
Jordan - M4
Lebaon - M4 and M16

At least Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Iran which are the biggest countries there used in the past hk33.
Old 2020-11-26, 22:39   #10
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmash View Post
As I said earlier g3 is common weapon in middle east and sorunding countries, many are using mp5 which is H&K production as well, so why wouldn't be another HK product. Other alternatives in my opinion are diffrent versions of ak like ak-101 or ak-103 or other variants, M4/M16, Chinese NORINCO M4 or AK copy and many more common and boring weapons. For example these countries are using in alternative to g3 weapon:
Turkey - MPT
Saudi Arabia - Steyer AUG
Iran - KH2002
Yemen - M4
Jordan - M4
Lebaon - M4 and M16

At least Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Iran which are the biggest countries there used in the past hk33.
I can recall of of those being talked about and thrown out expect for the MPT. dunno off the top of my head that is.