project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-11-12, 00:32   #1
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Default RPGs?

Will the trademark weapon of the former Soviet bloc, the RPG, be making its appearance in PR? Perhaps as an unlockable replacement to the Eryx for MEC anti-tank troops? (Or the other way around works too)

Mapper of Road to Kyongan'Ni and Hills of Hamgyong;
Genius behind many Really Stupid Ideas, and some Decent Ones.

NikovK is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 00:35   #2
DAWG

Yup. Have to go along with this one, I would personaly like to see all units outfitted with smaller anti vehicle weapons, allowing the fixed implacements to be beefed up to more tie in with what I believe they are capable of.
DAWG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 00:47   #3
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

The TOW systems are bad because the system's range and concealable nature isn't reflected. Name one well positioned TOW launcher on a stock BF2 map. I know of one on Sharqi and that's it; the rest are stuck out in the middle of the street.

Old 2005-11-12, 01:10   #4
DAWG

I whole heartedly agree with you. The maps are ill conceived and even less well implemented. I don't think it is asking too much of a game company who are creating a military based game, to do a little research before development and create a realistic environment. Creating effective and realistic defenses would not have detratcted in any way from the shit EA has produced, but then they new us suckers would by it, it was well marketed on things they never gave us, instead we got a sub standard game with little or no thought put into how it would play. I assume they have beta testers, I am however concerned at their ability to judge what is good and proper in respect to the community.

DAWG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 01:20   #5
Happy
Retired PR Developer

LMAO is all I have to say.

Proud Killer of 38 Spambots.

After much intense calculation, it has been decided that your thread is already in the forum that you wish to move it to. Deep Thought should be jealous. - Moderator Control Panel
Happy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 12:08   #6
Enforcer1975

It would be fine having the rpg/law as primary and some bigger at launchers as unlockable stuff. The only big disadvantage on the law/rpg is they are only usefull against light/none armored targets. So the unlockable ones should blast a light/none armored vehicle to pieces while the law/rpg takes 2 or 3 max.

Having law/rpg have 1 shot and 3 reloads and giving the at only 1 shot makes it more tactical. So the guy with the at can blast a tank with a good shot or at least disable it but has to look for supplies.
In exchange you have to give him a proper rifle with 2 or 3 mags.
Enforcer1975 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 16:52   #7
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

unlockables are being scrapped, IRL you do not 'unlock' a weapon also since EA is holding on to the ranked servers with a death grip (as far as mods go) there wouldnt be a way to unlock them. one of the PR ideas so far has been to give a a player a choice between two similar kits with different (looking or otherwise) weapons.

BrokenArrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 17:11   #8
Enforcer1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
unlockables are being scrapped, IRL you do not 'unlock' a weapon also since EA is holding on to the ranked servers with a death grip (as far as mods go) there wouldnt be a way to unlock them. one of the PR ideas so far has been to give a a player a choice between two similar kits with different (looking or otherwise) weapons.

Thats what i was talking about...2 kits to choose from.
Enforcer1975 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-11-12, 18:26   #9
NikovK
Retired PR Developer

Wasn't there a mod coming up with their own ranking system?

Old 2005-11-12, 18:28   #10
Brentos

Give the Americans the AT-4. Give the Middle Eastern forces the RPG-7. Give the Chinese ... whatever they use
Brentos is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
rpgs