project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-25, 18:57   #1
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Project Reality 0.7 Pre-release Teaser

The entire Project Reality Team would like to wish everyone a Happy Holiday and Happy New Year! While this time of year is all about spending time with your friends and family, indulging in your favorite holiday foods, and enjoying all you’re recently opened gifts, we would like to take a moment to step back from all the splendor to remember the active military troops who are currently serving their respective countries away from their homes and loved ones this holiday season. We thank you for all of your sacrifices and pray for your safe return home. PR will be here waiting here for you!

Now, seeing that it is the Holiday Season and everyone is exchanging presents, the Project Reality Team felt it just wouldn’t be right if we didn't give the public another taste of our highly anticipated Project Realty v0.7 release. So, here is yet another small glimpse at what is coming in PR v0.7.

New Feature – JDAM Air Strikes
One of the many new features you’ll find in Project Reality v0.7 is the ability for players to call in Air Strikes on enemy targets. These strikes will be delivered in the form of a 2,000 pound Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM). Needless to say, the last sound an enemy being targeted will ever hear is the roar of the bomb cutting through the air as it plummets down to deliver its unforgiving wraith. Words cannot even begin to describe it, so here is some visual goodness:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpMa9SYkShY&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZpMa9SYkShY&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
View High Quality Version Here

Project Reality v0.7 Player Manual and Change List
In order to better prepare you for the numerous changes and additions coming in PR v0.7, we are releasing the Official Project Reality v0.7 Player Manual and Change List prior to the release of the Mod. These two documents contain some very helpful information about features coming in PR v0.7. Read through them and you will be sure to be prepared to squad up and hit the battlefield come release day. Time to do a little homework soldier! Click below to download the Project Reality v0.7 Player Manual and the Project Reality v0.7 Change List!

Also due to the amount of changes that have been made to how jets work in Project Reality to prepare you for the next version, we have made a small 5 minute video tutorial of how one should taxi, take-off, and land the jets in 0.7

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv99q75O_f0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Iv99q75O_f0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

We would also like to show off one of our next maps known as “Fools Road”, which will be a British vs Militia map featuring some asymmetrical gameplay with the British having to push up though the map though dangerous paths and open planes in there APCs trying to push through the militia's tough defenses consisting of many AT Gun emplacements and bunkers!

As always, make sure you keep a close eye on the Project Reality Forums for more information, updates and of course the illusive Project Reality v0.7 release date. It’s a lot closer then you think…maybe.

-The Project Reality Team

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
Last edited by [R-DEV]2Slick4U; 2008-03-01 at 06:46..
Old 2007-12-25, 19:22   #2
flik

Now that JDAM is psycological warfare right there. that slowly increasing roar is spine tingling!

Flik
Old 2007-12-25, 19:33   #3
gazzthompson

my favourite:
  • Working SOFLAM unit (carried by officers and spec ops) that works as a laser target designator.
  • Commander/Squad Leader CAS Markers
  • You will now need to stop and take a few seconds to aim accurately. If you fire before taking a few seconds, your rounds will deviate wildly
  • Officer kit is now avaliable on the spawn screen
  • Rallypoints now only require SL+2 to be set.
    • Laser Guided Bomb System integrated, infantry on the ground with a SOFLAM are now required for aircraft to hit ground-based targets.
  • All Vehicle .50 calibre machine guns now have ironsites.
  • Al Basrah VCP is no longer captureable.
    • Counter-Attack Game Mode:
  • Newly modeled M16A4 with ACOG

Old 2007-12-25, 19:37   #4
KP
Retired Moderator

Did I see LTD?
Old 2007-12-25, 19:47   #5
Jantje|NL^

Yummie !
Old 2007-12-25, 19:49   #6
Rambo Hunter

This is going to be great
Old 2007-12-25, 19:57   #7
ConscriptVirus

awesome...but

Tanks, Attack Aircraft and AAVs - 20 minutes
Suicide Cars - 15 minutes

seems very very long. i know its suppose to make you not want to crash, but its still a game!

and i was hoping to see "Major optimizations made to the game" but i see none
Old 2007-12-25, 20:00   #8
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConscriptVirus View Post
and i was hoping to see "Major optimizations made to the game" but i see none
made as many as I could to the maps but really without cutting down view distance which most of the other devs almost fall over and die when ever I say it not much we can do.

Old 2007-12-25, 20:13   #9
Fatal1ty

i think the 50.cals on the trucks SHOULD have sights, for example the british WMIK which could do with a SUSAT.

also, the british support weapon, aka the minimi, not the american SAW!
Old 2007-12-26, 15:10   #10
Fabryz

This will be awesome, i'm looking forward to play it
Closed Thread

Tags
media, prerelease, project, reality, teaser