project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Australian Forces
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Australian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Australian Forces.

Old 2008-02-11, 09:21   #1
nedlands1
Default The ADF Community Mod

Seeing the willingness of the community to adopt a new community mod (aka the "German Forces Mod"), I'd like to propose the adoption of the ADF (Australian Defence Force) into the community modding sphere.

Currently there is a strong player base in the Australasian theater. There is the bigD community which runs two servers which are often full. Players from all around Australia and New Zealand play there. We even get regular players from places such as Singapore and Malaysia, as well as others from the US and UK. Several of the new [R-CON]'s are Australian too. All these people, I daresay, would welcome the inclusion of the ADF.

The ADF really requires one asset to become playable. The F88 AuSteyr (an Australian/NZ made Steyr AUG variant) and it's iterations. Apart from that, the transport and supply vehicle must be made. Almost all the other equipment needed can be taken from other community mods, Project Reality itself and the Northern Exposure mod. The only thing that really needs to be done is reskinning the assets, but that won't apply to all cases. [R-CON]AncientMan and [R-CON]Chuc are both photoshop users, and with a little assistance, I foresee them able to reskin what we need.

What we will need from you guys is a skilled modeller(s) to help make a handful of non-critical assets, the AuSteyr, trucks, the Carl Gustav M3 and the Australian F1 fragmentation grenade. A experienced texture artist to evaluate and train our photoshop users is a must too. A go ahead from the development team would be nice too.

[R-CON]AncientMan and I have been working on a proposal spreadsheet, like the other community mods have been. You can find it here: Google Docs - ADF Forces Design Plan
Old 2008-02-11, 09:23   #2
[R-DEV]AncientMan
Retired - Project Manager
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Anyone that has any ideas or suggestions, please post them here. The more the better, since this is a "community" mod.

Old 2008-02-11, 09:30   #3
Jim_aus

I fully support this idea.

ANZACs and the ADF have been a fighting force in many, many wars as well as peacekeeping missons, etc worldwide.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:38   #4
Shotgun

Oh yes i would love this ADF Mod included

time to put this beast into action

The Austyer is an Australian produced version of the Austrian-designed Styer AUG. Designed in 1977 the Styer's futuristic 'Bullpup' layout alows for shorter barrels, better concealibilty and longer ranges. The use of advanced plastics in the design have also caused this rifle to be very light. Recoil is realitivly low and the Austyer is easy to aim and quite accurate. The Austyer's frail appearance disguises a very robust weapon.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibre: 5.56mm F1 Ball

Length: 790mm (31.1in)

Weight: 3.6kg (7.93lb)

Barrel: 508mm (20in), 6 grooves, rh twist

Operation: Gas

Rate of Fire: 650rpm

Magazine Capacity: 30-round detachable box magazine

Muzzle Velocity: 970mps (3182fps)

Effective Range: 400m (1640ft) plus
Old 2008-08-26, 00:18   #5
Beafy
Banned
Default Re: The ADF Community Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
Oh yes i would love this ADF Mod included

time to put this beast into action

The Austyer is an Australian produced version of the Austrian-designed Styer AUG. Designed in 1977 the Styer's futuristic 'Bullpup' layout alows for shorter barrels, better concealibilty and longer ranges. The use of advanced plastics in the design have also caused this rifle to be very light. Recoil is realitivly low and the Austyer is easy to aim and quite accurate. The Austyer's frail appearance disguises a very robust weapon.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibre: 5.56mm F1 Ball

Length: 790mm (31.1in)

Weight: 3.6kg (7.93lb)

Barrel: 508mm (20in), 6 grooves, rh twist

Operation: Gas

Rate of Fire: 650rpm

Magazine Capacity: 30-round detachable box magazine

Muzzle Velocity: 970mps (3182fps)

Effective Range: 400m (1640ft) plus
ill think youll find its more like M/V 7780 FPS
Old 2009-04-14, 04:08   #6
sykoticsquirrel

when u design the steyr, make sure it has low recoil, you can literaly fire it one handed accuralty
Old 2009-04-14, 04:23   #7
Tonnie
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoticsquirrel View Post
when u design the steyr, make sure it has low recoil, you can literaly fire it one handed accuralty
No you can't!

It is impossible to fire the F88 Styer with one hand and be somewhat accuralty. Trust me i know

HangMan: BF2 Editor, it has very strict limitations memory wise, and crashes all the time. Its like a girl. Treat it with respect and take it slow and you'll get places. Rush and get ahead of yourself and it will turn around and punch you in the mouth
Old 2008-03-13, 07:27   #8
$pyker
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_aus View Post
I fully support this idea.

ANZACs and the ADF have been a fighting force in many, many wars as well as peacekeeping missons, etc worldwide.
I LOVE ANZAC BISCUITS!!!!
Old 2008-02-11, 09:30   #9
+SiN+headhunter

Australia have some of the most professional soldiers in the world.
Old 2008-02-11, 09:38   #10
Ablack77
Supporting Member

Fantastic idea, would love to see the ADF in there.

Like headhunter said, The ADF have highly professional soldiers and are considered to be the most highly trained soldiers in the world.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes.
A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Tags
adf, community, mod