project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-20, 06:53   #1
nuetron02
Banned
Post Auto-locking missiles.

I have played Muttrah a couple times today and several time I thought someone was hacking, but now I realize that this is a bad glitch with the SA-7.
When someone fires off a SAM with no target at a specific point near a heat source then it will automatically lock onto that heat source without having the operator locking onto that target. I first noticed it on day 1 of 0.8 when a missile dodged my SL's Huey(dues to flares) and hit mine, but today I was sitting on the carrier waiting for the SuperCobra and a helicopter grounded right next to me has exploded and killed me along with several others. I thought it was one guy hacking(considering it was one server at different times of the day, and someone on the MEC mentioned that a person had 43 kills and 0 deaths) but When we eventually got a SuperCobra(in this last round) and I looked right on top of the cargo ship to see if any SA-7's were there, and just as I looked, I saw a missile fired at us!

It hit and killed us...with NO LOCK...even though I saw the operator was looking directly at us, I don't think that they should be able to fire missiles with no warning, please fix this.
Closed Thread

Tags
autolocking, missiles